Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for backgound info on this thread, check my thread of 4/15 please.

well, i got my Titan back last week, and needless to say Expressway's manager still is finding all kinds of excuses to avoid any responsibliltiy. He's even saying that the Nissan tech tightened the filter instead of untighting it!
Now, im gonna trust my Nissan dealer and the tech w 13 years expierience at that dealer before i trust some grease monkey at Expressway.
Nissan sez the monkey overtightened the filter and caused it to strip the threads.

so far its a "he said, she said" kind of situation. but the latest is that i've contacted upper management at the Expressway Corporate office, which happens to be here in my home town. hopefully i'll here from them soon. either way im not gonna lets this go away quietly!
attached are some pics of the oil filter. CAUTION: pixs are bloody... :)

most of the damage (to the filter) was done by the dealer in the attempt to remove the filter, but one can see how the bolt is "stuck" to the filter for good, because of Expressway's initial overtightning!

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wow, that kind of reminds me of the time when I was changing the oil on my bike. Lefty loosey, righty tighty...or way is righty loosey, lefty tighty...I guessed wrong trying to unscrew my oil drain bolt on my gsxr-600. Long story short I overtightened and cracked my oil pan right before race day. JB weld does wonders.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
What was the cost of the repair in the end? I remember there being a big difference in the parts cost.

Clint

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I'll bet some monkey cross threaded that filter before he screwed it on with all the force he could apply.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clint said:
What was the cost of the repair in the end? I remember there being a big difference in the parts cost.

Clint
the cooler assy. was about $320, the bolt $47, and labor was $197, so thats $565!...before taxes

like i said, if Expressway doesnt own up, i will take them to small claims court and picket their location, and write the BBB and the local paper.
not to mention to ask all Titan owners to boycott Expressway if they use them.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Pictures like that are why I change my own oil.

Sorry bout your luck man. Hopefully it can be resolved peacefully.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
54warrior said:
Pictures like that are why I change my own oil.

Sorry bout your luck man. Hopefully it can be resolved peacefully.
thanks for the thought.
now thats what happened to the filter in order for the dealer to REMOVE it.
when i had the oil changed at Expressway is apparently where it was overtightend, hence stripped.

still, one can see how fused the bolt is to the filter itself.
ill keep everyone posted once it gets resolved, one way or another.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Holy ****!!

walleeme said:
I'll bet some monkey cross threaded that filter before he screwed it on with all the force he could apply.

I'm going to have to agree with walleeme. There's no way it could have fused like that without the threads being crossed.
I've seen some "tight" filters, but none that couldn't be removed with a set of channel locks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts