Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while driving I noticed that my oil gauge was stuck on the high position. It usually fluctuates depending on how much I press the gas pedal. Today as soon as I turn the key it goes all the way up and stays there. When I turn it off it goes back to 0. Even if the engine isn't cranked it still goes all the way up. I have tried the gauge test using the diagnostic mode and it moves it back and forth but then returns to high. I haven't added any oil or anything, the only thing different is that the last few days there has been Ice in the morning. Could the cold temps have anything to do with it? Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Black05xe,
Did you ever get this figured out? My titan did the same thing.
Most likely a bad oil pressure sending unit.
It's near the oil filter if you're looking at a DIY job.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have never fixed this probably deserves another look. I have just been double checking the dipstick when I change the oil :teethmast

Thanks for the info baseballfanz I will have to take another look at this.

If im looking at the right thing looks like this part is 57$ for the 05, 8$ for newer models smdh

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I agree with the diagnosis of faulty oil pressure sending unit. The reason why it is more $ for the '05 is because the older models have a functional oil pressure guage, hence why it goes up on heavy acceleration. The newer models the guage just stays in the middle all the time and only trips if there is something majorly wrong, ie total loss of oil pressure.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Sounds like the sending unit to me :)
good luck, easy fix

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wonder if installing an older unit in my '11 would result in a semi functional gauge. It won't have numbers but at least it will move and give me a baseline of what cold, hot, load and no load would be.

2 annoying things about my truck are the dummy oil pressure gauge and the inaccurate thermometer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ya my oil guage had the same problem and lsat weekend i installed the new oil pressure sending unit and it works like a charm now. i also have an 05 and i believe i got mine off of rock auto for around $65.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts