Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'm driving a loaner truck as my beloved 2019 Titan SV is in for repair. Two weeks a go the truck went in for its first service at 5000 miles, the chief mechanic discovered some oil residues, while he suspected that it's remains from the factory he asked that I keep an eye on it. Yesterday I noticed some small/dried oil puddles that were never there before. Took it into the dealer today and early report suggests it's the oil cooler. They've reassured me that it's minor and expecting to have the truck back with me early next week.

Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Some including me had seepage at the timing cover. I kept an eye on it and it has since stopped completely.

Clint

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer had it in over the weekend, I picked it up Monday. They replaced a couple of oil cooler o-rings and so far no leak.

·
Registered
409 Posts
That's good to hear. BTW, my truck parks in the same spot in my garage and there's not even a spot of oil on the concrete -- knock on wood!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing Tristan -- that's good to know about not a single drop of oil.

After my earlier post I noticed a fresh spot of oil on the concrete, not a lot twice the size of a quarter. No idea of the source as it's dripping from an opening in the skid plate/one of the skid plate mounting bolts is covered with oil.

I'm hoping that it's remains from the old leak. Going to park in a different spot and see. I don't know, I'm too attached to my truck and don't want to deal with another loaner.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just changed my oil today at 10,400. Noticed oil on plastic skid plate/cover under oil filter. Oil filter was leaking at gasket. It was a bosch. I've been using them for last 12 years and never had a problem. I switched to WIX and see how that goes.
Anyone else have a leak at filter location?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts