Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 05 LE 4x4. The other day i noticed the oil pressure gauge acting up. When I crank it up and it revs normally as it does and then idles high during cold start, the oil pressure gauge pegs out to high and stays until it warms up and idles down. Also even when it is at normal running temp. it seems to peg out under any acceleration and stays pegged until it goes down very near idle. truck has 40k miles on it and no other problems....whadaya think the problem is?

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
There is no problem. It is normal.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
matthews said:
There is no problem. It is normal.
I disagree, if it is pegging out after it is warmed up it isn't normal. It should increase, but not peg out when warm.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Do you have the right amount of oil? Have you checked to see if its overfilled?

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I notice on mine a complete match of throttle to oil psi. As I give the truck more gas, the oil psi goes up, if I stomp on it, the oil pegs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went ahead and changed my oil today,still have the same problem. this is not your usual increase adjustment due to the throttle being pressed. i have narrowed it down though. in this case i believe it is the pressure sensor on the motor. i took an aftermarket gauge and checked pressure and it was normal, so i hope this fixes it. thanks for the input

·
Registered
75 Posts
higher rpms = higher gpm for the oil pump. you put 5-1/2 quarts of oil in that badboy.. My gas guage never goes above 3/4, what's up with that....

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
You're supposed to put 7 qts in
jsnbrd said:
higher rpms = higher gpm for the oil pump. you put 5-1/2 quarts of oil in that badboy.. My gas guage never goes above 3/4, what's up with that....

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
1/2 to a little over 3/4 is normal for mine, after it's warmed up. Never pegs, even when cold in winter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
matthews said:
You're supposed to put 7 qts in
I must have a smaller pan.. :crying:
I actually put six in and my stick shows somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
jsnbrd said:
I must have a smaller pan.. :crying:
I actually put six in and my stick shows somewhere in the middle.
I think it is actually 6.5 quarts, and I never trust a dipstick. I always add the amount of oil recommended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just noticed after 60M miles that the oil gauge now pegs at H as soon as I start the car. With ignition off it reads L but as soon as the ignition is turned on and the truck is running, it reads H. No fluctuation when driving. Assume the pressure switch is bad?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just noticed after 60M miles that the oil gauge now pegs at H as soon as I start the car. With ignition off it reads L but as soon as the ignition is turned on and the truck is running, it reads H. No fluctuation when driving. Assume the pressure switch is bad?
I have the exact same situation. Solve your problem yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same issue. 2006 2wd CC/BT. It pegs at start and then normalizes. If I hit the throttle hard it will go up and then back to normal. Not sure why it is doing that but I've had the truck since 06 (bought new) and had never noticed it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
sorry for the hijack.. but what is the average it should stay at? i have heard at half way, but mine stays a little over half way.. is that normal also?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed mine is acting up. It started out as a flicker here and there. Now it stays pegged no matter what. Should I just bring it in? Oil levels are good. I run full synthetic and have had no problems until 1 month ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine started acting up again but only on rainy days. Took it in to the dealer. They replaced the sensor.....I have an extended warranty on my 06 so it was covered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.