Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, when I bought my 2005 titan the oil pressure gauge stayed at the half way mark always.
Then after I changed my oil the 1st time the gauge would climb to about the 3/4 mark while driving it for a few blocks after start up , then it would go back to half way and stay there.
I just figured it was how it worked but then after a few oil changes the one time it no longer did this ..... so I figured , that was over with now that it was more broke in , but then I just changed the oil again .... and bingo , the needle is back to moving again. And it will do this day in and day out , but how come it stopped doing this 2 oil changes ago .. and then started doing it again? I have been using the same oil all the time but I have been using different oil filters almost each time.
I doubt it hurts anything but wonder if this was common and it is kind of an annoying little pet peeve.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine does this and lots of folks have posted it too. I use synthetic and it does it all the time after its warmed up and I gun it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
BINGO using different oil filters will do that or at least it did if for me. when i did my first oil change on my 06 i used a fram filter and the oil pressure would never move from half ever. even if i started it cold and floored it it never moved. then i changed it again using same oil with nissan filter i acted what i would think is normal; high when cold then half when warmed up. my suggestion is only use nissan filters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback guys , but bamaman1986 my results with differnet filters are the complete opposite of yours. Mine does not move past half with factory filters and does move with the fram filter ..... ain't that a wierd , also it does not move with a puralator

1 - 4 of 4 Posts