Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When in park I can rev the Engine and the oil pressure gauge will move to about 3/4 and then go back to about a little past 1/2,,,But when I'm driving the gauge stays @ a little past 1/2 even if I (not stomp)but push on the gas pedal to acc to any speed and It wont move @ all..I guess the pressure stays constant?..dunno..This is all under 4000RPM as this is a new truck and I wanna try to break it in a little first before I peg it..lol....Is this normal?.Maybe a bad oilsending unit?.Or just break in time...My Silverado's oilPressure gauge always moved even new..Also 2 days after I had drove it home went to work in the morning turned the key and nothing, turned again and it took about 4 sec for it to start,Np since though. :upsidedow .

·
Registered
514 Posts
I remember reading (I think on TundraSolutions) that the oil pressure guage is the biggest mistake manufacturers made... putting something like this for most consumers just makes them ask questions or worry about things they wouldn't if it was not there.

On my tundra, when warming up it would be at about 3/4.. after long highway drives it would drop to around 1/4 at stops, then creep back up to about 1/2 when cruising. Makes sense to me...

·
Registered
497 Posts
its normal, noting to worry about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts