Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rockon :rockon Guys, i am up tonight writing to tell you that you will have some new numbers posted tomorrow on my cam + tune. Some have asked why i havent yet, truthfully i feel like now i have it tuned to give a decent run for all. I have a 1/4 tank of good ol 93 octane ready to burn. The temp will be a nice 45-55 degrees tomorrow morning too. Getting up and setting the Passport G-Timer to see what we have got. Last recorded data should give a good indication of my hard earned money applied. Anyone wondering? Check back on this one in the evening. :rockon :rockon

·
Super Moderator
93,679 Posts
Good luck, looking forward to seeing your results

·
Super Moderator
93,679 Posts
You'll have a blast, make sure and leave enough rubber on the rears to get home.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toomnymods said:
u going to the track roy??
No man.......you work too late!!! Gettin up and doing the equiv. of your G-Tech readings. test and tune is friday night and its always filled with a bunch of bikes here at the local 1/8th. i hate 1/8th racing truthfully. Just going out to do some 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.:rockon

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well i just took her out to see what i am running after the cams and Uprev tuning. The numbers were quite impressive. I know this isnt a timed slip from a track but it will get you in the ballpark. These times are off of my Passport G-Timer. This was all while smoking the tires pretty bad.

Outside temperature was 67 degrees with 47% humidity.

0-60 Times

old best 7.35
new best 5.82

1/4 Mile runs

old best 15.88 @ 73.20 MPH
new best 14.25 @ 99.40 MPH

Not too bad for 22's and full street trim eh???? :rockon
new 60ft time 2.28

·
Super Moderator
93,679 Posts
Your torque improvement has to be awesome!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
roy365 said:
Well i just took her out to see what i am running after the cams and Uprev tuning. The numbers were quite impressive. I know this isnt a timed slip from a track but it will get you in the ballpark. These times are off of my Passport G-Timer. This was all while smoking the tires pretty bad.

Outside temperature was 67 degrees with 47% humidity.

0-60 Times

old best 7.35
new best 5.82

1/4 Mile runs

old best 15.88 @ 73.20 MPH
new best 14.25 @ 99.40 MPH

Not too bad for 22's and full street trim eh???? :rockon
new 60ft time 2.28
looks like ur running identical to mine but ur trap speed is prob a bit high.. but get it to a track.. most peoples g-techs are right on par with e.t. if setup correctly but the mph is usually off .3 to .5 on mine anyways

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toomnymods said:
looks like ur running identical to mine but ur trap speed is prob a bit high.. but get it to a track.. most peoples g-techs are right on par with e.t. if setup correctly but the mph is usually off .3 to .5 on mine anyways
Yeah i set it up to the best of my knowlwedge, and that was the only thing that REALLY surprised me was my MPH. It's pulling so dang hard hard now i cant look down to verify it. I said a few choice words like you did in your video. :lol: Only local dragstrip is 1/8 mile. For me those times are good enough to get an idea of what i can pull up to and beat at the redlights.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
H*** yeah Roy!!
1.53 seconds off 0-60 and spinning!!
makes allll that cam tuning and re-tuning worth while!!
Loved seeing them #'s and success.
Great Times!!! Sharp Truck!!!
Doin mine right now and hopin mine go as well.:eh:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
to quicken up my truck I decided to lighten its load. So I:
I took out the back seat and floorboard
Removed passenger seat
Took off the spare tire and towing hitch
Removed all shocks and struts
Removed back bed
Removed bumpers
And haven't eaten for a week....

Maybe my truck will be that quick now!!

:lol: Just kiddin... probably what it needs though!!:lol:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PAPARYNO said:
H*** yeah Roy!!
1.53 seconds off 0-60 and spinning!!
makes allll that cam tuning and re-tuning worth while!!
Loved seeing them #'s and success.
Great Times!!! Sharp Truck!!!
Doin mine right now and hopin mine go as well.:eh:
It'll all come together just be patient. It's fun as h*** too when it does!!! :rockon

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
dyno's show a slight loss of tq under @4k for the cams, did you notice that??

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I want CAMS!!! I want CAMS!! Crap I need a sponsor or something!!! loL

I'm certain I could pull mid 13's with CAMS after getting them tuned right...ofcourse I might be dreaming too!

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dawgs77 said:
I want CAMS!!! I want CAMS!! Crap I need a sponsor or something!!! loL

I'm certain I could pull mid 13's with CAMS after getting them tuned right...ofcourse I might be dreaming too!

I want Big Tow Package and Truetrac and i might be knockin off a few tenths!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts