Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she has had that sickness her entire life. I on the other hand have own the pride of the auto world NISSAN almost all my life! I bought my 08 Titan in 2010 and have enjoyed the power and comfort of the pride. My wife is starting to look for new vehicles and I must convert her to the pride!!!!!! I got her to a Nissan Dealer today to test drive an Armada and she liked it. But she is still working me for here life long dream of a Toyota Sequoia. I couldn't imagine breaking my tools out to work on another Toyota and I did in High school. I need help with converting her from the dark side.. Any research to prove my point would be appreciated ..... thanks all...........

·
Registered
233 Posts
As long as it's Nissan, toyota, or Honda let her get what she wants. My wife got a scion tc and even tho I tried to get her into a maxima I really like the scion

·
Registered
615 Posts
Agree...it's best to let her get her dream, that way she keeps you happy too. It's a win-win. Toyota is more of a chick brand anyway. lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
To me every car Nissan sells looks like a Toyota on steroids. They just got this muscular look about them that I like, other then that it's just another rediculously long lasting piece of engineering.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
All I can say is get the same options on each truck down on paper and look at the price.... I saw a new body style sequoia with black rims, 35s and 6in lift at the dealer and it looked sickkkk but they wanted 60k for it!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My wife got a 2010 Sequoia. She loves it!! Plus, Toyota has free maintenance for 2 years or something like that. I don't have to worry about doing it myself until July 2012.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank to all for the good advice. I would love to see another Nissan in the family but I think its going to be a Toyleta. Its her call so as long as she's happy. I think Toyota will be a reliable ride. The last Toyota I worked on had a 22r under the hood so there will be a learning curve for me. I will look forward to it. Nothing better than a nice hot cup of coffee and a good technical manual....

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
If that's what she wants, why talk her out f it? Toyotas are great as well. However ...with you in a Titan and her in either an Armada or the Sequioa....you must have stock in one of the big gas companies...lol. We just got a loaded new 2011 Murano and the wife LOVES it. No need for another huge 4WD land yacht. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
My wife has an 08 Pathfinder, and she loves it. It's much better on gas than the Armada. The nice thing for me is it has the same oil and filter as the T, I can knock 2 oil changes out at the same time, using the same tools. It's nice being able to work on 2 vehicle that are very similar.

Reactions: Titan332009

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
My wife has an 08 Pathfinder, and she loves it. It's much better on gas than the Armada. The nice thing for me is it has the same oil and filter as the T, I can knock 2 oil changes out at the same time, using the same tools. It's nice being able to work on 2 vehicle that are very similar.
They all use the same filters now. It's great!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Thank to all for the good advice. I would love to see another Nissan in the family but I think its going to be a Toyleta. Its her call so as long as she's happy. I think Toyota will be a reliable ride. The last Toyota I worked on had a 22r under the hood so there will be a learning curve for me. I will look forward to it. Nothing better than a nice hot cup of coffee and a good technical manual....
Working on the newer one's is a far cry from those simple little 22r's. I had an '88 PU with the 22r and I used to work on it all the time. The newer one's are way different though. No tranny dipstick, 4 expensive air induction motors that like to clog up between 40-60K miles, goofy cartridge style oil filters, electronics up the ying yang, ect, ect. Ack!!! I'll take working on a 22r any day over that new stuff.

The Sequoia is pretty nice, but I think the Armada looks more bad a$$ in stock/modified form. The Sequoia looks sort of blimped up and bloated styling-wise. Like a big fat lady wearing high heels or something. lol! Also, Toyota doesn't have the rock solid quality reputation and stellar resale value they once had.

The concept of being loyal to a particular auto manufacturer is ludicrous IMO. Just get the best vehicle you can for your dollar.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
At least she isn't a Lexus or Infiniti head. Toyota makes fine cars. IMO if you can afford what she wants, get it for her.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'll just add my two cents in here. My son is a professional independent mechanic and he says Toyota or Honda...can't go wrong! When I asked him about my Titan before I bought my '05, he said he hadn't had a lot of experience with Titans, but he'd never had to change out an engine or transmission...

·
Banned
402 Posts
Honda has its infamous transmission problem. It's all over the honda/Acura forums. Depending on how u like to drive, Toyotas steering is way to light for me and the brakes r way too sensitive. That goes for all Toyotas and Lexus. I've driven them all. My choice would be Nissan, Honda, then Toyota; that's if we're sticking w Japanese options

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts