Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I think a lot of people thing that meets are nerdy or that they are a little timid because their are some sweet trucks and blah blah blah....Well lets get all the guys and gals that have been to an Old Town meet to post up some stories.....

OTIV was my first and man was I scared because I didnt have a lot of mods..still dont lol. One of the coolest things is just how nice everyone was. BUT at the Friday night cruise just as it got dark this huge white titan called Transformer turns on all its lights and this whole truck is lite up...Man that was sweet.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I still cant get over how overwelmed I was when I got to OLD TOWN on friday night for the cruise, I was running later than most people. I pull in and come around the corner and all I could see, for as far as I could see, was 2 looooooooooong rows of TITANS. All pefectly backed in to their parking places and thinking I'll never find anywhere to park....and then right there in the mist I found one right next to 'ourbaby', was almost like he was saving it for me! Thanks Shannon! l.o.l.

Dont forget the burnouts on 192 going to the steakhouse!!!... Or the burnouts in the steakhouse parking lot!!!....or the officer that was standing @ the cruise exit to 192 directing traffic, he was getting as big a kick out of it as we were!!! he would just smile and shake his head!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BIG JOHN 9157 said:
I still cant get over how overwelmed I was when I got to OLD TOWN on friday night for the cruise, I was running later than most people. I pull in and come around the corner and all I could see, for as far as I could see, was 2 looooooooooong rows of TITANS. All pefectly backed in to their parking places and thinking I'll never find anywhere to park....and then right there in the mist I found one right next to 'ourbaby', was almost like he was saving it for me! Thanks Shannon! l.o.l.

Dont forget the burnouts on 192 going to the steakhouse!!!... Or the burnouts in the steakhouse parking lot!!!....or the officer that was standing @ the cruise exit to 192 directing traffic, he was getting as big a kick out of it as we were!!! he would just smile and shake his head!!!
lol your welcome man....

O thats right! LOL if your slower than most GET OUT OF THE WAY (like I do) lol. 2 and 3 wide laying down rubber WITH COPS WATCHING!!!! All in a race for good steak lol..........
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
130 Posts
Ourbaby said:
lol your welcome man....

O thats right! LOL if your slower than most GET OUT OF THE WAY (like I do) lol. 2 and 3 wide laying down rubber WITH COPS WATCHING!!!! All in a race for good steak lol..........
I know about the slower than most deal. Last meet I was supposed to meet up with 4 or 5 guys coming up from south fl. unfortunately i had to work late and couldnt meet up with them when they came thru my town. It just so happened that i was working along the route to Old-Town. I get finished loading a few forklifts with my crane and head back to the shop (which is by the airport in orlando), while im driving my big slow lumbering crane down I-4 something in the mirror cought my eye. A bunch of nuts cutting thru heavy traffic and it was none other than the guys i was supposed to meet up with. Well they get up to me just as the exit for 192 comes up. well in their haste to pass me (63 mph down hill with a tail wind) they almost miss the exit. I had one black titan try and take my 1300# front bumper off to get arround me. If that would have been anyone else i would have fed the bumper to them. Pat you are a lucky man lol. Odd part is when i finally get to the cruise I walk up to a group of guys and they are complaining about the god awful slow cran they were stuck behind. lol



My most fond memories of that night was watching the expressions on peoples faces (mostly the women) when they read my windshield. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tlmaniac said:
I know about the slower than most deal. Last meet I was supposed to meet up with 4 or 5 guys coming up from south fl. unfortunately i had to work late and couldnt meet up with them when they came thru my town. It just so happened that i was working along the route to Old-Town. I get finished loading a few forklifts with my crane and head back to the shop (which is by the airport in orlando), while im driving my big slow lumbering crane down I-4 something in the mirror cought my eye. A bunch of nuts cutting thru heavy traffic and it was none other than the guys i was supposed to meet up with. Well they get up to me just as the exit for 192 comes up. well in their haste to pass me (63 mph down hill with a tail wind) they almost miss the exit. I had one black titan try and take my 1300# front bumper off to get arround me. If that would have been anyone else i would have fed the bumper to them. Pat you are a lucky man lol. Odd part is when i finally get to the cruise I walk up to a group of guys and they are complaining about the god awful slow cran they were stuck behind. lol



My most for memories of that night was watching the expressions on peoples faces (mostly the women) when they read my windshield. lol

lol I got a call from that convoy before they realized it was you LMBO!!! That was funny to find out this huge slow moving holding up the S/C titan convoy up was you!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
130 Posts
hey trust me i wish it would go faster believe me sometimes i want to get out and push! that thing looses 5mph just going up an overpass!!! good thing it wasnt one of our bigger cranes anything 60ton and up will only go 53mph. Im tempted to put a boost guage on it to see what it is running and playing with the wastegate actuator to bump the boost up a bit :)~ the thing only gets 4mpg so if you whine about your titan fuel milage you should see my fuel bill lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
You guys suck - wish I was somewhere near to meet up. Hardly any Titan Love up in the cold U.P..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,417 Posts
We're driving down our convoy of 4 Titans from NC and arrive at the outskirts of Orlando at about 9:30 p.m.

All of a sudden, a black Mercedes Benz cuts across all five lanes right in front of me and swerves off the road and back on.

Over the next few miles, it's apparent the driver is under the influence of something and I call 911...t

After giving the police dispatcher the description, he tells me that I can't stay behind the vehicle-that I'm to proceed ahead of the vehicle!

And after I tell the dispatcher that I'd rather be behind him so I can anticipate what he's going to do rather than see him in my rear view mirror, the dispatcher hangs up on me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
While I see the reasoning for passing him to get ahead of the storm, I'm with you in staying behind, FAR behind, to make sure you can help if it's needed and/or serve as a witness to any accident, God forbid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
OTIV was my first Old Town event and certainly won't be my last.
I had only recently had James Tech12Volts install his package#2 2 Boston G110's in an enclosure and Sundown Audio 100.2 being powered off the factory RF HU. Several times during the day Saturday he would ask if I could let someone listen to my setup to see what they were missing. I think I help sell two packages once they heard the difference. t22a80 even thought it sound good.
The Friday night cruise through the center of Old Town is something you just have to experience since words can not come close to describing it. The quick exit at the end and seeing a ring of Titans around the steakhouse was a sight to see also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Ourbaby said:
Does anyone remember the Gator Poo Hauler??? LOL
Do you mean this Gator Poo Hauler?


How about the Receiver Mod?


How about this new Hood Ornament?


 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top