Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OnSaturday a co-worker and I got talking about our trucks. He has a '05 Hemi 4dr 4x4 1/2 ton and I have a '07 CC SE 4x4, pretty much the same truck. We agreed to put our trucks where our mouths were...so after work we went for a cruise down a long, straight, flat highway. I pulled next to him at 120 km/hr (75 mph), he gave a nod and a wave good-bye and stepped on it, then I passed him and left him behind. We did a few more rolling starts a 80 km/hr (50 mph) and 60 km/hr (40 mph) and I handed him his a$$ each time. :boxing: So then we stopped....lol....I chewed that Hemi apart, by a 1/4 mile I had 3 lengths on him.

So the next day at work I gave him a picture of my tailgate and wrote 'A view from a hemi' on it and taped to the inside of his windshield....now I am hunting for a new chevy :gunz:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice kill!. I bet he wont be talkingthat Hemi crap around the water cooler anymore

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Did either of you have any performance mods or are we talking about two bone stock trucks? One of the main reasons I bought my Titan was the "impressive" test drive. The salesman told me to punch it and I don't know who had a bigger smile him or me. Now I am thinking about some basic performance mods but not because I have to, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was stock to stock. He started blame small problems with this and that, but today his head is hung low and he had to admit to all the fellas that the Titan spanked him bad.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Great kill !!!!!!

I love it !!! LOL

·
Registered
201 Posts
my uncle has an 05 2500 dodge w/hemi and it's chipped, he said he would probably smoke me, what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
You should smoke him good !!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Take it from me. I went from an 05 single cab hemi with small mods to an 06 kc 2wd. My old hemi was a beast but the thing didn't handle heat well. And i also think that the gearing ratio on the dodge is off. it would keep pulling until 3rd then it felt like someone shifted up an extra gear. lol. The titan has a great mid range power that the hemi doesn't. The reason I bought a titan is because my friends cc would beat me all day.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the hemi-sexuals at work are still bucking the fact that an 'Import' would smack down their oh so loved hemi. One guy said I should race a old Mopar muscle car..I told him if the motors were so good then shouldn't they be even better now....that ticked them off...so now a guy with a chipped Cummins wants to race. WTF!?! :huh: I asked why a dodge has to go to a chipped diesel to beat a lil' old 5.6 with a mere 317hp? :jester:

I wish I had 50+ year old technology in my motor... :eek:ldschool

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Tally up another for the good guys! I finally got to take on a kid who is a year older then me at school who drives an 07 Hemi crew cab 4x4 (exhaust upgrade, not sure what though). He has always had a grudge against me because everyone at school thought my truck was better. I was back in my home town the other night and was at the park'n ride with some friends and he pulled up with some buddies. It turned into a typical challenge, both groups were talkin a lil smack and someone refered to my Titan as a rice burner. It was on. I said lets do it. I loaded 4 other guys into the truck because I knew it would be a breeze. He went alone, left his pals there, too much wait for the little guy I guess. Not to mention I had KTM 400 in the bed. We went out to a highway stretch and it was all over for him. The best part was pulling up to the park'n ride before he did and seeing the looks on all there faces. Oh the glory of being a proud owner of a Titan. :futwice:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sask Attak said:
All the hemi-sexuals at work are still bucking the fact that an 'Import' would smack down their oh so loved hemi. One guy said I should race a old Mopar muscle car..I told him if the motors were so good then shouldn't they be even better now....that ticked them off...so now a guy with a chipped Cummins wants to race. WTF!?! :huh: I asked why a dodge has to go to a chipped diesel to beat a lil' old 5.6 with a mere 317hp? :jester:

Well your truck has a chip to.I dont think it would run without one:jester:

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
People who own trucks from the big three will always talk smack, but what I have learned is after you take them for a ride they have respect for the Titan. I have never had anyone get out of my truck and say anything but "wow". It's funny though, no matter what you have you always want just a little bit more. Magnaflow and K&N anyone?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
luvbelly said:
People who own trucks from the big three will always talk smack, but what I have learned is after you take them for a ride they have respect for the Titan. I have never had anyone get out of my truck and say anything but "wow". It's funny though, no matter what you have you always want just a little bit more. Magnaflow and K&N anyone?
I definitely agree. My neighbor has a Silverado crew cab and openly admitted that the Titan was an amazing truck. In order to really understand the power and ride of a Titan you must ride in one. I love to offer rides!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sask Attak said:
I like it, sure does make head and cam swaps pretty darn easy. If I really wanted a race truck it would take me $500, 1 after noon and one cam. Theres an easy 45 rwhp. Nonetheless, I do like the Titan and it is a good competitor for the hemi. It will be pretty sweet when you guys finally get some good aftermarket cams. It's just too bad it will cost so damn much. I guarentee with some tuning and cams you guys will be seeing 13's all day long.

What has the fastest Titan run to date?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
I like it, sure does make head and cam swaps pretty darn easy. If I really wanted a race truck it would take me $500, 1 after noon and one cam. Theres an easy 45 rwhp. Nonetheless, I do like the Titan and it is a good competitor for the hemi. It will be pretty sweet when you guys finally get some good aftermarket cams. It's just too bad it will cost so damn much. I guarentee with some tuning and cams you guys will be seeing 13's all day long.

What has the fastest Titan run to date?
stay tuned im going to the track on the 19th provided it doesnt rain, will have slips, pics, and vids.. hoping to get buncha trucks out to hrp in baytown texas.. I recently added hoosier slicks, traction bars, and JWT camshafts
I'm hoping for some 13.7's @98mph N/A and high 12's on the 125 shot of n20

·
Banned
141 Posts
cleoent said:
my uncle has an 05 2500 dodge w/hemi and it's chipped, he said he would probably smoke me, what do you guys think?
i smoked fords and dodges with chips all the time and ill i have the air box mod with exhaust and tb bypass mod...now diesels is a different story.. theyll smoke u depending on what mods they have

·
Registered
146 Posts
Toomnymods said:
stay tuned im going to the track on the 19th provided it doesnt rain, will have slips, pics, and vids.. hoping to get buncha trucks out to hrp in baytown texas.. I recently added hoosier slicks, traction bars, and JWT camshafts
I'm hoping for some 13.7's @98mph N/A and high 12's on the 125 shot of n20

I am looking forward to seeing your times after all the mods you have recently put on. Good luck.

I believe you are the fastest Titan to date aren't you?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
SIMBOSS said:
I am looking forward to seeing your times after all the mods you have recently put on. Good luck.

I believe you are the fastest Titan to date aren't you?
ATM, No. Markislive ran a 14.07 at the track in full street trim. 20s included.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Warp09 said:
ATM, No. Markislive ran a 14.07 at the track in full street trim. 20s included.
No I was talking all time fastest. look at Tommanymods sig. 90 shot he was in the 13's. Yea I know N/A Marksalive took it. I hate that Marksalive had so many problems with his transmission and Supercharge situations and then decided to go back to Gm trucks. but hey, He will have it much easier finding the go fast parts he wants.

I really hope toomanymods dips into the 13's N/A this weekend. Wouldn't it be fun to see the two of them line up together.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts