Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is about as safe as me pulling a camper. (see link in sig)

Took this picture on I40 in Memphis. 8/3/07.

That's a Chevy pulling an Explorer pulling a Blazer.

I thought about pulling in front and towing them all.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
And I see you have another Titan.
Nice. Especially after the experience that wacked out the last one.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I see that all the time on I10 heading towards Texas and then they are heading south of the border. I called the state police and the could give a crap. This is a accident waiting to happen, what do you think the stopping distance is? You think someone from Mexico or farther south has insurance?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have another Titan BECAUSE of the last experience.

4X rollover and I wasn't seatbelted and I walked away from the crash - TITAN TOUGH! Wouldn't dream of driving any other truck.

walleeme said:
And I see you have another Titan.
Nice. Especially after the experience that wacked out the last one.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
That's not allowed here. the state troopers would be all over them.

That's just crazy!!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
they are on I35 goin southbound ALL the time here in Texas.....they usually end up in caravans pulling cars with plates from Minnesota and Illinois....but the one thing that i would think that would make them get pulled over (In-Tow) is marked on these....the ones around here don't even have that....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Apparently so, little trucks and small suv's bring a premium down there.
Its all i have ever seen them tow. They fix em up and sell em.

·
Super Moderator
161,755 Posts
Yup. See it all the time. All hours of the day and night going South. Never seen one pulling two though. I'm not sure that would be legal here in Texas.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Carbeaux said:
Yup. See it all the time. All hours of the day and night going South. Never seen one pulling two though. I'm not sure that would be legal here in Texas.
LOL I could see them doin it - only cops around I think that would prolly stop them for towin 2 at a time would be RRPD (they'll stop you for ANYTHING as of late) - the others don't give a crap unless they think you got drugs in your car....god forbid an Austin cop actually pulls someone over for the RIGHT reason! ;)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I am a long ways from the border but I see a lot. I have seen convoys of in tow vehicles and all the drivers are young Mexicans. At local auction one guy bought 20 retired crown vic police cars, all were getting shipped to mehico.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts