Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rotated my tires. I used the OEM lug wrench on two tires and my four way on the other two. They both seemed to fit the lugs well, almost no play, but both ways seemed to damaged the chrome finish (not bad just marks).

Anyone have any suggestions for a better way to remove/tighten them with less or no damage?

I am now going to get some ice................

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
TITANRICK said:
I bought a nylon lined deep socket for my Corvette. They must make one for the Titan as well. Shop around and good luck!
A Corvette uses 19mm lug nuts, I can't imagine it would be very hard to find a 21mm socket like that.

I am thinking that the tool you used to remove and reinstall the "nuts" was a 3/4" which may have rounded off the lugs a little and removed some chrome. Just a thought.:dunno:

·
Registered
396 Posts
They do make lined sockets, also inserts that go into larger sockets too fit smaller sizes. Don't remember the brand, but have it it in my tool file at the shop. If you don't find anything PM me and I'll look it up for you. I have the inserts for working on bikes that the owners are real fussy about.
Harry

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you can't find a lined socket, try to find a thin walled 21mm socket. I did, and it helped a bunch on my after market wheels because the holes for the studs to go through is smaller than on stock wheels.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I'll look for them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you're using the common T bar lug wrench, it's not metric. Your Titan is. The correct tool makes all the difference.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
To that same end, get a socket that only has 6 flutes instead of the 20(?) fluted kind and it will have even less play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts