Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So any of you guys do any off-roading yet in your 4x4 Titans ??

(any more trips Pluckyew?)

I'm kind of torn right now because a local dealer has a
black 4x4 Titan KC SE with Off-Road, Big Tow, Power Captain & Utility Bed package

almost exactly what I want except for the color, lack of locking-diff & no side airbags

I'm thinking I can live with the color & no side airbags BUT I'm wondering how much of a handicap the open-diff rear axle will be offroading ??

I was planning on waiting until late April or may BUT
I sure would like to go snag this truck!! :teethmast

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Have you heard anything definitive on whether you can get VDO with the E-locker? If not, it would be a tough call between VDO and the E-locker. If you can get both VDO and the E-locker, I think it would be worth the wait.

For the really narrow little mountain rock scramble trails this summer, I think I will have to bring my Mom and her Jeep Rubicon with front and rear push button locking differentials.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If offroad capability is important to you, wait for the locker. Otherwise you will have regrets, like Pluckyew. As I recall, it only raises the price of the offroad package by a $100 or less.

·
Registered
780 Posts
can get both VDC and the E-locker on Titans

i've not done much more "serous" off roading since i purchased the new Element for my wife (i like it as a "town sation wagon" and as a "micro RV" for car camping).

i noticed that ABLS brake control device works "intermitteningly", but I've only been stuck in the Titan in places where a LSD rear axle equipped Wrangler (my previous off road ride) would also haven gotten stuck as well.

I'll see what the deal is from Nissan Dealer's "special offer" to me in May for a Titan KC with a rear e-locker and then i may squander few more thousand $s (on new sales tax alone) on a newer e-locker equipped Titan. Common sense say to wait a few years for an after market E-locker since I'm gonna add an e-locker on the front any ways: but whos says I have a lot of common sense. :huh:

p.s. my cheap element ex mini-suv has a better stereo than my titan's se popular pkg stereo, which is fine already. :upsidedow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts