Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

In the future, I want to install electric exhaust cut outs on my Titan. Now I know that the ecu needs time to adjust for mods. If I was already running a high flow exhaust, when I uncork the headers, will it have to re-learn? And then how about when I close them back up? More studying for the ecu? I most liekly wont be running the headers uncorked for long. lol even though the noise would be great, every cop in a 5 mile radius would hear me!

Thanks,
-Chris.

·
Registered
801 Posts
From what I've seen you'll just lose power. What are you trying to do, wake up the city.

·
Registered
32 Posts
your check engine light will go crazy!!! You will be bypassing the O2 sensors which the engine uses to tune in the fuel and air ratio and not to mention the emissions. Yes you would also lose power because you would have no back pressure. It will eventually burn valves and all sorts of bad things. A straight through exhaust is your best bet . Actually a tuned exhaust form a named company is the best. they spend lots of time and money tuning the exhaust to the right specs to get the most power out of every application.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey does anyone know how long it takes the ecu to learn when you install a cold air intake? i just installed a aem brute force. and jba exhaust.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
usually 200-300 miles.. got good mods all ya need now is the stillen headers with hi flow cats and uprev tune and you could be like me :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm. so only on carb vehicles huh? :tongue: well i would know not to put them before the 02 sensors. i know about back pressure (thx though) but how come race engines get away with it? oh nevermind, :stab: those engines are probably specially built for that, different valve lash settings and timing. then why do they even sell the things? :ftard: :read: for this $$$ most liekly. i have seen them on build up shows like horsepower TV Trucks TV and Gears.

Chris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts