Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts I needed to install the DT LT headers and Berk mid-pipes. Went to the dealer to get some part..:teethmast

IMGP1215.jpg

Sensor safe Ultra Copper High temp. RTV Silicone.
Exhaust manifold studs part code# 14064-WF701.
Exhaust manifold nuts part code# 14094-JG30AE.
Exhaust gasket part code# 20692-65J00.
Exhaust manifold gasket part code# 14036-7S001.

Hopefully I can do the install this weekend with a lot pics to post. I'm confident that all will go well 'cause my brothers and sisters in TT got my back.:)

L

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Make it happen and good luck!

Reactions: BBtruck

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You'll love the new power Luis! Don't forget some anti-seize for the O2 sensor threads and some PB Blaster to help loosen up the nuts. :)

Doing my install on the 27th! Got all new gaskets and nuts too!

Let us know how it goes...

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got 'er done..

Use these very useful instructions..

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/88662-header-installation-how.html?highlight=headers+installation

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/93408-dt-header-installation-progress.html?highlight=headers+installation

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/126822-dt-lt-header-install.html?highlight=headers+installation

Some highlights..

IMGP1248.jpg
Used the truck jack on bricks to loosen the tension on the engine mounts.
IMGP1256.jpg
Unbolted both EM's from the block.
IMGP1231.jpg
Took the EM assy. completely from the side I wanted to do first.
IMGP1257.jpg
Jacked the engine within 1/2 inch from the IM hitting the cowl. Check to make sure nothing got crimp up..
IMGP1266.jpg
Everything is exposed and easy to get to. (2wd)

L

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
IMGP1260.jpg

IMGP1265.jpg
Comparing stock vs. performance aftermarket.
IMGP1240.jpg
Make sure the dull side toward the header, shiny side toward the block on the gasket.
IMGP1279.jpg

IMGP1280.jpg
Dropping the engine back on the mounts was easy and uneventful. Make sure all bolts go in smoothly using the OEM jack up or down. Take your time, you'll know when you're in the sweet spot. My exhaust is free, well almost..

L

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Congrat's man! Those DT LT's look nice!

Dang, you got new sensor's, manifold gasket's & everything, right on! Your going to love your T even more now, i know i do!

I got my BT B-Pipe's installed yesterday & they sound GREAT! I noticed today i have a leaky flange on the passenger side B-Pipe exit. I'm going to grab 4 set's of new OEM gasket's, so i can just replace all of them. I only want to take it back apart once. :)

One thing i noticed in the pic's: you might want to secure the passenger side AFR sensor harness a little further away from the header runner, unless you've already done so. I wrapped mine w/ DEI heat shielding material, probably overkill, but can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrat's man! Those DT LT's look nice!

One thing i noticed in the pic's: you might want to secure the passenger side AFR sensor harness a little further away from the header runner, unless you've already done so. I wrapped mine w/ DEI heat shielding material, probably overkill, but can't hurt.
Thanks bro.. still not as hot as your system. The JBA sounds downright nasty at full throttle with some popping. Drones loudly between 15-1900 RPM's, but mellows out to nothing but motor music after that. It feels a lot stronger. Going to have to find a way to check my A/F.

I did secure the sensor's wire to its mounting bracket, but you're right, it don't look kosher.. Where did you get that shielding material? Nothing wrong with overkill..

L

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I got it @ Autozone, it's DEI brand heat shielding. It's that silver, woven material. It was for something else, but i cut it to the size i needed & wrapped the harnesses with it. Then used some metal tape to keep it from unraveling. Work's really good & insulates the wires. :)

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
BB the Ultra quite will kill that popping your hearing, mine had a little of that when I went cat less with stillens. Amazing what that thing will do. Great job and congrats!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Great Job! Thanks BB, those DT's look great and all the pics and showing the process is making me think DIY and save some bucks and Learn Your Truck haha LYT !

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sweet setup.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
This thread is a big help ,but was wondering in regard to the ATV silicone does that need to be spread on the block before placing the gasket on? this thread and Acidjake's on stillen header install is must reading ( AJ's is a must for 4x4 guy's) thank,s again. I have had my thorley's for almost three weeks finally got time to get started!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
those look purrrrdy! youre stoked :D

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
This thread is a big help ,but was wondering in regard to the ATV silicone does that need to be spread on the block before placing the gasket on? this thread and Acidjake's on stillen header install is must reading ( AJ's is a must for 4x4 guy's) thank,s again. I have had my thorley's for almost three weeks finally got time to get started!
Never got to use the RTV..really didn't need it since I used all new gaskets. I did use it on the threads of O2 and A/F sensors. I haven't had a leak, but I did find some of the nuts a little loose at the header/engine block flange at about the 500 mile mark, tighten 'em up, no problem since.

L

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Thank's for reply, wasn't sure about the gasket sealer got new gaskets so I can take that back or use it on threads. Got in 4 hours today ,OEM ready to come off all manifold bolts are one full turned,motor lifted ,dip tube off ,b-pipes off. Ran out of light! anyway here's a pic of headers ,http://www.titantalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1795&pictureid=9784,

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It sounds tight! I added the DT's at the same time I did the swap so I knew it would be a little louder and the Catted pipes sound is not bad so overall Iam abit louder and some more drone. But I have not been tune yet and I already feel more Power, I will be sending off some logs soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts