Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased the OEM ipod Integration kit for my 07 LE CC with RF and have been using it fine for a few months. Additionally, I just purchase the OEM Sirius kit and also an additional harness to make it all work.

Installed, there is a harness from the ‘prewired’ N-Bus to the ipod gateway and then from the gateway there is a harness to the Sirius tuner.

I didn’t get any operation instructions, however both the ipod and Siruis work… just not together (so to speak.) Basically, if the ipod is plugged in, that what I get. Now if I unplug the ipod, I can listen to Sirius. Does anyone else have both of these kits installed? Is it supposed to work that way? Did I maybe hook something up incorrectly? Just find it odd you’d have to unplug the ipod in order to listen to Sirius.

Thanks for any advice/input.

***EDIT/UPDATE***

My apologies folks.. Found a “General Information and Notes" from my ipod kit and it clearly states the following…

The satellite radio cannot be used when the iPod is connected. When the iPod is connected, the SAT control on the Nissan audio system panel effectively becomes ‘iPod’.

At any case, this may be good info and/or a deciding factor for those considering the purchase and use of both kits together… (and all that said, if you're intersted in the ipod kit, I now have one for sale... PM if interested.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually, does anyone with factory installed/oem Sirius AND NAV have time to answer this one…

Is there a way to display anything other than the Sirius channel number “example SR-160” at the lower portion of the screen when the NAV map is being displayed. I mean, with FM you get RDS text in the lower portion of the screen if the station is broadcasting it… Looking in the owners manual, there is mention to hit the ‘audio’ button for the display screen options, but it sure would be nice to not have to toggle between the display button and the map button for Sirius info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.