Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my Advance Automotive Concepts Halo Ring kit that I received. I drop off my truck this Friday so they can start the work on them and have them installed :D. 1st part of my question to get an opinion is.... I am getting the housing of my headlamp painted the same color of my truck (blue) and I have the 08 model. Do you think I should have the top orange reflector painted blue as well or remove it and have the chrome housing behind it painted as well and not put back in the top orange reflector? (1st attachment is a sample picture so you can get an idea)

2nd part of my question to get an opinion is....Later on in a few weeks. I am taking my tail lamps back to the same guy and I am thinking of doing something different than anyone else and getting them also paint matched the same color of my truck. I have the LED tail lamps. Red with the clear window for the reverse lights to shine. The 2nd picture I am attaching is not my truck, just a sample as well because I needed a nice reflection picture. The 3rd and 4th attachments are 2 different style of how I want them painted (don't judge my mad windows paint skills :lol:). I don't know if I should paint over the reflectors or not paint over them and let them show as my sample in attachment number 4.

Thanks guys and gals!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I say paint the refector on the headlight black. Thats what im working on but all black housing and reflector.

Not really sure about the tails, i did a pair close to that with two reflectors less tinted.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hey brotha.. i would take the reflector off the headlights everyone says its a piece of cake. I will be doing the same. For my new headlight mod.. and for the tails. I dont think they would look goos painted to match. Again thats my. 02cents. I would just tint them black and leave the backup light clear.. check with olser threads im sure theres posts of the new headlights with reflector and without.

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
If you paint the orange reflector blue, you will lose your front turn signals.
If you removed the orange reflector and paint the chrome housing behind it blue, you will still have functional turn signals... but it won't be as bright. I painted the reflector around my turn signals black and I ended up using LED bulbs to match my HIDs and to have brighter turn signals without needing to use the back relector.

Regarding the tails... I'm not sure what you can do to change them up.
Hey those look like my tails. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding the tails... I'm not sure what you can do to change them up.
Hey those look like my tails. :)
Haha I think they are yours dude. I got the picture off another post you had put on... I believe titanowners.com or another forum.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. I decided that I am going to remove the top amber lens and paint the chrome housing behind it blue and paint the amber reflector on the side blue as well. Thanks everyone. LED Halo Ring Kit coming soon...... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts