Nissan Titan Forum banner

opinion on what to do about dealer service?

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  TallTexan 
#1 ·
I took my titan in for a saftey recall on the rear door wiring harness and a front brakes sqeaking issue. They had it all afternoon. the dealer is about 1.2 miles from my house. After picking the truck up, I noticed there was 52 miles on it more than when i dropped it off!

as far as service, they put some wiring plastic sheathing on the harness, and said the front brakes were normal and they wouldnt do anything for that issue.

I have a problem with the 52 miles they put on my truck. Should I call and complain, demand some kind of gas money reimbursement? this is ridiculous. even if they wanted to test drive for the brakes, how do they justify 52 miles?

#3 ·
Re: dealer crooks! what to do?

I would call and explain this to the manager and DEMAND some gas money. The manager is probably unaware of this. Make him aware and remind him that he is responsible for his staff.

#4 ·

I'd say go down there in person and make a big deal in front of other customers. Don't take no for an answer!

#5 ·
I posted in your other thread.

#6 ·
It sounds like they took your truck for a joy ride. I woud make a complaint. Let us know what you end up doing.

#7 ·

Contact Nissan at www.nissanusa.com and let them know what your dealership did.

#8 ·

Titan4mde said:
I would call and explain this to the manager and DEMAND some gas money. The manager is probably unaware of this. Make him aware and remind him that he is responsible for his staff.
The service manager or the manager of the whole dealer?

im sure its common practice to use customers cars to run errands, and i imagine that management is aware of it. there is small print at the bottom of the service order giving them permisson to operate the vehicle for the purpose of testing/inspection, but again, this is clearly abusive and out of reason.

#9 ·

Service Manager first, then if no resolve, contact NissanUSA

#10 ·

i SENT THIS E-MAIL TO NISSANUSA.COM. Will be interesting to see if they even respond

I DROPPED MY TRUCK OFF FOR SERVICE, INCLUSIVE OF A SAFETY RECALL FOR THE REAR DOOR WIRING HARNESS, AND SQUEAKING FRONT BRAKES. AFTER PICKING MY VEHICLE UP, I NOTICED 53 MILES ON MY TRIPOMETER. THIS WAS AT 1.3 MILES WHEN DROPPING THE VEHICLE OFF. I SPECIFICALLY WAS WATCHING IT AS TO SEE THE MILEAGE FROM THE DEALER TO MY HOUSE, AS I RODE MY BICYCLE HOME AFTER LEAVING VEHICLE. THIS IS CLEARLY UNACCEPTABLE AND ABUSIVE. THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION IN A 52 MILE TEST DRIVE FOR SQUEAKING FRONT BRAKES, WHICH THEY DIDNT EVEN FIX, AND TOLD ME IT WAS "NORMAL". IS THIS COMMON PRACTICE FOR YOUR DEALERS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CUSTOMERS, AND WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON DOING TO MAKE IT RIGHT?

#12 ·

Call the Service Manager and give him a chance to fix the problem

#13 ·

the only other time i had it at the dealer, when my spare tire was missing when new (a different dealer), i was watching the service bays from the customer waiting area (there was a large glass window between the two) and witnessed the tech. spinning my tires in the service bay, he apeared to do a brake tourqe and was clearly abusing the vehicle.

At this point, i am so disgusted with nissans customer service, i will never buy a vehicle from them again. the vehicles themselves arent exactly top qaulity to begin with either.

#15 ·
Baker-Jackson Nissan South in Houston dented my door while doing warranty work. They called and said it was going to take extra time cause they were busy. I got suspicious and went to see for myself. My truck was gone to body shop to repaint and they were going to hide it from me. Me and GM went round and round. He agreed to touch up a scratch I had when I came in. Next time I went to pick my truck up and it was gone again. 30 minutes later here it comes with the service mgr and all the ladies that worked there. Been to lunch. Service mgr said he needed to test anyway. No more Baker Jackson for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.