Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k b/c I'm a planner I am researching my set up soon to be. I will be doing the 6" procomp and am trying to decide on rim size. I just talked to Discount Tire who called MHT and what was cool is that(at no charge) will build the rim for whatever offset I want but the 22's will have more lip which is want I want. I'm hoping NorCal will jump in with his 2 also. The 22's are 9.5" wide and the 20's are 9" wide. I won't do any offroading. I also like the trail grapplers. There was a Titan on here that had 22" trails and it looked pretty good. So....
1. 22 or 20?
2. what offset is best to stick out about an inch?

Here's some 22" trails on a ford just to get an idea

DSCN0865.jpg

Here is what my T would look like with 22" fuels and toyo's

would b nice.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would go with the 22's. That's just me though. I've been doing the same thing as you for a few months. I'm torn between these, kmc slides, and BMF nova's in stealth. The BMF's are just a little to pricey. I'm thinking of doin a 22" on a 285/50/22 Terra Grappler with a leveling kit. I see you already found the guy in the buy/sell thread selling some. That's a sweet price too. And they did look sick on his truck.

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
either or would look sick on your truck. haha you doin fox bypass shocks too??? those photoshopped pictures in the rear looks like bypass shocks.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I say 22s.

Black wheels with big lips tend to look smaller. So if you get 20s, they'll look like 18s

Nice wheels BTW.
Good observation.

For reference, I run 22x9 with a +15 offset. My wheels stick out about less than an inch.
Thats where I want to be idealy. I think with the 22x9.5 plus 35's I might be out a liitle more but have the option to change the offset to help that.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I say 22s. They look alot nicer. IMO. I LOVE MINE. As the ride will be a little ruffer u will not even notice a difference. I got hankoojs and they last longer and are cheaper the terras.. and look the same and perform great too. Just incase you are trying to save a few$ $

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I say 22s. They look alot nicer. IMO. I LOVE MINE. As the ride will be a little ruffer u will not even notice a difference. I got hankoojs and they last longer and are cheaper the terras.. and look the same and perform great too. Just incase you are trying to save a few$ $
They do look better IMO too in that with the fuels being smaller and blk you cant see the design well but with the 22's you can see the separation/design better. i'll have to look into those, thanks. So far everyone has voted 22's.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Bro. I thank you for posting this thread. I have been eye'n up the 22" Fuel Octanes, but because they only sell 22x14, they would be too wide. BUT if I can get em in 22x9.5--Im good to go! Good info!! I'll have to give these guys a call n see what I can get made. I have the 2" leveling kit; stock suspension.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Whats the price of the 22 fuels? They look nice almost like a deep dish of mine. Was always a fan of deep dish just always had chrome. So it showed everything when the got scratched and pitted. But black you should be good. Are they painted or powder coated? Mine are painted and easy to touch up any nics or chips. And i just wax them when i wax the T. And they been holding up great. And once they get too bad. Going to color match them to the truck.. you will be MURDERED OUT. i will be SMOKED OUT. !! lol. 22s! Do it!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
22s" FTW. Those will look sick.

I've got some 20" Novakanes sitting on my floor already and am probably ordering some tires tomorrow. Think I'm going to go with LT305/55/r20 Cooper Zeons. Either those or the Dynapros like BigStuff.

Sweet choice, man.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Whats the price of the 22 fuels? They look nice almost like a deep dish of mine. Was always a fan of deep dish just always had chrome. So it showed everything when the got scratched and pitted. But black you should be good. Are they painted or powder coated? Mine are painted and easy to touch up any nics or chips. And i just wax them when i wax the T. And they been holding up great. And once they get too bad. Going to color match them to the truck.. you will be MURDERED OUT. i will be SMOKED OUT. !! lol. 22s! Do it!
Smoked out would be sick.

Reactions: BIGSTUFF

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bro. I thank you for posting this thread. I have been eye'n up the 22" Fuel Octanes, but because they only sell 22x14, they would be too wide. BUT if I can get em in 22x9.5--Im good to go! Good info!! I'll have to give these guys a call n see what I can get made. I have the 2" leveling kit; stock suspension.
No problem. I did find on a couple of sites with 22x10 with -12 offset and -24 but when Discount called them and they said they can build whatever offset for me even he was shocked...lol

DT told me $260 Not sure about how they are painted. I was thinking you guys were going to be against the idea on a lifted truck. Smoked will look sick.

22s" FTW. Those will look sick.

I've got some 20" Novakanes sitting on my floor already and am probably ordering some tires tomorrow. Think I'm going to go with LT305/55/r20 Cooper Zeons. Either those or the Dynapros like BigStuff.

Sweet choice, man.
Thanks. I like those too dont forget pics when you get them on.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Smoked out would be sick.
I was going to do it when i got them new.. but figured i would leave them black untill they got a little banged uo looking. And then its OPERATION SMOKE! LOL.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to do it when i got them new.. but figured i would leave them black untill they got a little banged uo looking. And then its OPERATION SMOKE! LOL.
Makes sense and will look good on there in blk too.

I found one link for all on here thats interested in them........

Fuel - Octane

$282 for 22x10's Discount Tire quoted me $260
$210 for 20x9's Discount Tire quoted me $205

·
Registered
940 Posts
It would look mean with a lift.. i think when its lifted with little tires it looks funny. Need the big rim and tire. Fills up the wheel well nice too

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would look mean with a lift.. i think when its lifted with little tires it looks funny. Need the big rim and tire. Fills up the wheel well nice too
Agreed. I just need to find out what the best offset needs to be so I dont have any rubbing issues and doesn't stick out to far.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You will likely have a lot of trimming with a 10, unless your lift has coilovers too for another few inches. For example a PC stage 1 lift only, and 9" rims with -12 mm offset, which on a 9 is 4.5" BS, and 35x12.5" BFG M/Ts required the pwm. The 10's with -12 mm have 5" BS so would stick out, (also in), 1/2" more. The Trail in this size is on the larger end of the scale:
LT325/50R22 E 122Q 205-830 20.0 34.92 13.19 9.0-(10.0)-12.0

In the 20, this one is a little short for a stage 1 lift, but if don't want the pwm:
LT305/55R20 E 121/118Q 205-760 19.4 33.39 12.60 8.5-(9.5)-11.0

I would find something is an 18 :)

Look for a 5.71" BS in a 9", the rims will stick out 3/4" more. [Unless you run a CST lift or RC UCAs, then a 5" BS is better].

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You will likely have a lot of trimming with a 10, unless your lift has coilovers too for another few inches. For example a PC stage 1 lift only, and 9" rims with -12 mm offset, which on a 9 is 4.5" BS, and 35x12.5" BFG M/Ts required the pwm. The 10's with -12 mm have 5" BS so would stick out, (also in), 1/2" more. The Trail in this size is on the larger end of the scale:
LT325/50R22 E 122Q 205-830 20.0 34.92 13.19 9.0-(10.0)-12.0

In the 20, this one is a little short for a stage 1 lift, but if don't want the pwm:
LT305/55R20 E 121/118Q 205-760 19.4 33.39 12.60 8.5-(9.5)-11.0

I would find something is an 18 :)

Look for a 5.71" BS in a 9", the rims will stick out 3/4" more. [Unless you run a CST lift or RC UCAs, then a 5" BS is better].
Thanks as always. I def. dont want to use the procomp spacer and will be using similar to procomp stage 2 weather it be w/ procomps ext. coilover / shocks or ext. saw's. I also will get new UCA's if needed. Which are the best, prg's, TC, or RC?

They do have in stock 20x9 rim +14 / 5.5 BS if this would be last resort.

MHT said they can build the rim to any offset I want so please tell me what is the ideal offset that would give me no issues & only stick out maybe an inch(if I have that option with 22's)

I was thinking positve offset would keep me close to flush with the exception of a 1" wider rim being that I have the rockstars with +10 on 20x8.5 rim and they are flush. So if I go 22x9.5 and say get them to build any offset could/is that possible w/o issues?

Here is a members T with 22's and trail grapplers that is what I'm looking to duplicate. I would like for mine to stick out exactly like this and I think he just has a PC stage 1.

I've got to get this rt esp. if I have them build it or I'll be stuck with some big rims that aren't functional...lol

Thx again NorCal!
Titan Talk Jbrown 22inTrail Grapplers 2.jpg

Titan Talk Jbrown 22inTrail Grapplers 3.jpg

Titan Talk Jbrown 22inTrail Grapplers.jpg

Jeremy8 hoss 22in 325 50 22 trail grapplers.jpg

1 - 20 of 41 Posts