Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys what do you all think about this set-up....

USX 4085
[email protected] ohms
Infinity Kappa 6.5 2ohms rms90
Infinity Kappa 6x9 2 ohms rms 110


I would like to see if anybdy used this equipment before and how did any of it sound....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
The older USX amps by US Acoustics were made by Zed audio and were great amps.

The Kappa speakers are very low on my list of speaker choices but thats just me. Some people like them however I think the midbass is weak and the tweeter is too bright. It takes a lot of tuning to make them sound good.

There are a lot of other options that are better. I've listened to some of the Boston setups that James sells and I was impressed for the price.

I use CDT for all of my speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason I am using the infinity speakers is because I have already had them and thought I could use them in my truck. I have saw many of post talking about the boston speakers but I just can't get my self pasted the price for them. Years ago I would have spent a lot of money on a system but now I just want a little different from the stock fosgate system. When I'm talking about a little I mean something with enough bass, highes, and mids. Not something that will set off car alarms. i use to have a fosgate RFR 15 in a caddy and that was really nice but now if I had to get a system it would be soemthing simple. SOrry for the long post but I am doing a lot of reading about systems on here and trying to find out which way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Ohh if you already have the stuff then thats a different story. If you had to buy it I'd tell you to save your money for something else.

I would say that just about anything will sound better than the factory speakers so go for it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some people have put better tweeters in but I haven't read about anuybody changing the center speaker on the RF system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
t22a80 said:
Ohh if you already have the stuff then thats a different story. If you had to buy it I'd tell you to save your money for something else.

I would say that just about anything will sound better than the factory speakers so go for it!
I got you on that. the only thing i don't have are subs besides the one that came with the RF package. So I am still doing my reading on what I am going to do on that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen a bracket on ebay that somebody was selling that you could put a aftermarket tweeter in it and that would replace the factory tweeters. If I recall right the bracket just looked like a square piece of metal with holes for the tweeter and screws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Unless you are going to do a 5.1 surround setup for movies then the center channel speaker isn't really necessary. A properly setup front stage is better than having the 3 front speakers.

A lot of people have mounted the tweeters in the stock location. I prefer to cut a hole in the a-pillar and mount them cross firing towards the glass. It blends better and helps the soundstage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
5.1 is retarded. Even in home audio. :)
You are sooo right -

I mean really, the T.V.'s come with speakers built right in.













:jester:

just kidding

sooo p drizzle - what isn't retarded? :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
GO GET EM FOX!!!

5.1 unless you are watching movies in your car is stupid.... but I dont agree with the home audio and 5.1 especially if its a dolby digital or DTS. If its straight stereo and you are mixing it in 5.1 then yah thats stupid
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
Fox Delta said:
You are sooo right -

I mean really, the T.V.'s come with speakers built right in.













:jester:

just kidding

sooo p drizzle - what isn't retarded? :cheers:




Oh sh!t. The Katy possie.. I meant to say 5.1 is the bomb...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
t22a80 said:
GO GET EM FOX!!!

5.1 unless you are watching movies in your car is stupid.... but I dont agree with the home audio and 5.1 especially if its a dolby digital or DTS. If its straight stereo and you are mixing it in 5.1 then yah thats stupid
You could at least step up to 7.1 chad... Big probably has HD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
I'd consider 7.1 if my room could support it. I don't have a very big place and because of the layout of my room I couldn't do 7 speakers.

Don't give me crap... how is that Pioneer receiver treating you?? :) haha jk man!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
AUDIO IS Stereo. AND stereo only. If your room i set up correctly who need5.1 ,7.1 ,11.5 to 1s. Two speakers left and right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
t22a80 said:
I'd consider 7.1 if my room could support it. I don't have a very big place and because of the layout of my room I couldn't do 7 speakers.

Don't give me crap... how is that Pioneer receiver treating you?? :) haha jk man!
The Pioneer receiver is in one of my two garages. The Denon is back in my living room.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
tech12volt said:
AUDIO IS Stereo. AND stereo only. If your room i set up correctly who need5.1 ,7.1 ,11.5 to 1s. Two speakers left and right.
I always run my systems stereo. Car and Home. I do not like Dolby Digital, Plus, HD etc.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top