Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a small travel trailer recently and when I hooked it up I noticed that the rear end sags pretty good. I will be moving over the summer and am planning to load the trailer and the truck with about 3500+ lbs of extra stuff and driving from AK to MI. I was looking into putting some money into the suspension to level the truck out with the weight that I will me moving. I do have a WD hitch, but I am looking for a little extra. I was thinking of using these
Vehicle Suspension by Timbren for 2006 Titan - TNRTTN

Has any one used them and what do you think of them?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Get ready for a boat load of info. Try searching for that item and you will get an overload. Its between those, air bags or RAS. Everyone has there own opinion and good luck.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I purchased a small travel trailer recently and when I hooked it up I noticed that the rear end sags pretty good. I will be moving over the summer and am planning to load the trailer and the truck with about 3500+ lbs of extra stuff and driving from AK to MI. I was looking into putting some money into the suspension to level the truck out with the weight that I will me moving. I do have a WD hitch, but I am looking for a little extra. I was thinking of using these
Vehicle Suspension by Timbren for 2006 Titan - TNRTTN

Has any one used them and what do you think of them?
If you have a WD hitch and you're still sagging, then you don't have it set up correctly. There's no need to do anything to the truck unless you're looking to ask it to haul more than it's designed to.

What kind of WD hitch do you have? You should have one that has a head (the part that holds the ball) that can be tilted and is height adjustable. When properly set up, the trailer should sit level or VERY close to level. The truck should sit level, and the WD bars should be perpendicular (level) with the trailer frame.

If that's not what's happening, disconnect the trailer and undo the two bolts so you can tilt the head. If you're sagging too much, you want to tilt the head towards the trailer....go about 3 teeth or so (you'll see what that means when you look at the hitch...it has groves). Also, make sure the hitch is adjusted to the proper height. You may have to play around a little to see what works but adding airbags nd stuff like that isn't necessary and can cause more sway. I posted a coupe pics of how I'm set up and this is up over 8000 LBS. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts