Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they even make a direct fit battery for the Titan?

And Im the first to post here!!!!!!!!!:coolsmile

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Do they even make a direct fit battery for the Titan?

And Im the first to post here!!!!!!!!!:coolsmile
The "Optima D35 Yellow" fits and so will the "34R Red Top" which is what I have. You'll need to slightly bend the fuse terminal contact to reach the positive post.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I got my Red top the guy at auto zone told me there was no direct fit one so I had to make it work. I guess I might look in to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought and installed a Red Top 35 into my truck this weekend. Direct fit. No mod's to any thing required.

·
Registered
236 Posts
honestly, I had the Optima - and I wasn't impressed. Unless you have a big stereo, and plan on playing it with the engine off - there is absolutely no benefit to the Optima whatsoever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
need help here? need to look into changing my oem battery and i see everyone is talking abt the optima batteries. what is going to be my best choice for a battery. my battery is 6 years old now and is getting weak. live on long island and no one stocks optima. can anyone give me reccomendations on which one will fit perfectly in there, i have hella lights and a factory upgraded stereo with sub woofer.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The "Optima D35 Yellow" fits and so will the "34R Red Top" which is what I have. You'll need to slightly bend the fuse terminal contact to reach the positive post.

I also have the 34R Red Top and I didn't have to bend anything to make it fit. It just bolted right in....

·
Registered
779 Posts
honestly, I had the Optima - and I wasn't impressed. Unless you have a big stereo, and plan on playing it with the engine off - there is absolutely no benefit to the Optima whatsoever.
1. no acid to check or leak
2. the yellow top adds some deep cycle ability.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I realize it's no acid, and they add deep cycle ability. That doesn't make Optima better though.

I have a top of the line Interstate battery, and if you look at the specs, they are better than Yellow & Red Tops. Sure, I can't blast my stereo for hours with my engine off, but who does that regularly anyway?

I compared both batteries and they're both the same CCA as well, and the Interstate has 20 more MCA than the Optima. For the price I can't beat that. I'm not big into "bling bling" so bragging rights don't concern me. Getting stuck with a dead battery does.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I realize it's no acid, and they add deep cycle ability. That doesn't make Optima better though.

I have a top of the line Interstate battery, and if you look at the specs, they are better than Yellow & Red Tops. Sure, I can't blast my stereo for hours with my engine off, but who does that regularly anyway?

I compared both batteries and they're both the same CCA as well, and the Interstate has 20 more MCA than the Optima. For the price I can't beat that. I'm not big into "bling bling" so bragging rights don't concern me. Getting stuck with a dead battery does.
That's why the old saying goes... "opinions are like a$$holes... everybody has one." I've never been a fan of Interstate batteries. Way overpriced and they leaked in the 2 vehicles I had them installed in. Haven't had any issues with my maintenance free Optima's...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just put a yellow D27F in last week. Perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
I just recently replaced mine and went to AutoZone and just bought one of their brand batteries, the 'gold' one. CCA's are awesome and I like the warranty and price. I was having trouble turning it over this winter and it got to the point of leaving the door open for 10 mins without the truck running it would drain it enough to not start. Had the seats out, doors open, and radio on and off all day monday and part of yesterday. I thought it was done for and started right up with no problem!

·
Registered
779 Posts
update, optima leaking around neg post after 3.3 years. Not suppose to leak, mine did. I had to clean up acid. Replace with group 27 from batteries plus. Charging system is fine.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm debating on going with an Optima in the next few weeks.

Only question is, red top or yellow top?

I plan on running 2 amps in the near future if that makes any difference. Nothing to extreme, but a nice system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
installed d27f last week. perfect fit, nothing needed to be adjusted or bent. it is the yellow top. i have a descent amount of items running in my 05. optima reccomends this one because the cca's are higher then the factory. it is bigger but lower than factory. cranks faster in cold and works perfectly.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I bought my optima direct fit red top thru amazon.com like a dummy. I think I paid around $150 for it new. I then installed the amazing Stillen grounding kit, which was a major pain in the a$$ to bolt to the engine block without midget hands. About a week later, the battery was barely starting the truck, so I brought it in and the neighborhood shop guy said I had a dead battery. Hmm...

Called/emailed amazon and found out they don't accept returns on batteries, even ones that were defective. Brought the battery to pepboys and had them charge it up for like 45 min on their charger. They said there was nothing wrong with the battery, it was just drained like a light was left on. Ended up having to buy a new OEM battery anyways so now I have a optima red top chillin' in the garage along with that Stillen grounding kit. I'm sure I installed everything correctly. I also bought a new OEM neg battery terminal/cable to make sure eveything was grounded right. Wanted to make sure my tansmission "shifted smoothly" as they state in the product description.

Sorry to bash sponsors, but Stillen didn't want to admit the kit drained the optima. Oh well, guess I'm out another $250. Shoulda spent it on suspension upgrades instead. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts