Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked into the rear view mirror with homelink (they are pricey). I tried to find a visor with the homlink buttons on them. I don't need a $200+ mirror, mine works fine. I just want the homelink buttons for the 2 garages and gate. Does anyone know of any other options?

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
this is in my jeep, but should work for any vehicle

$3 button from auto parts stwhore.

wired to clicker

stuff clicker in A pillar.

done and done

·
Premium Member
20,966 Posts
Would be nice if you could get your phone to run the garage door.

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
You probably can with the Wi-Fi enabled openers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would be nice if you could get your phone to run the garage door.
I did that at my previous house.
Materials:
-Raspberry Pi (small hobby computer)
-cheap Relay switch
-some leftover speaker wire

Used the Raspberry Pi to run a web server. The page it served up consisted of a single button. When the button was touched/clicked the RaspberryPi would briefly send current via GPIO pin to the relay switch and trip it. I had the relay wired up to the same terminals on the opener as the wall switch. While tripped, the relay would close the circuit and activate the garage door opener.

Visiting a webpage on my phone to control the garage was not as convenient as the button in my car but I had been itching to make use of the Pi :big_grin:

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
a quick google search shows many solutions for smartphones. the manufactures of the openers even have their own solutions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I looked into the rear view mirror with homelink (they are pricey). I tried to find a visor with the homlink buttons on them. I don't need a $200+ mirror, mine works fine. I just want the homelink buttons for the 2 garages and gate. Does anyone know of any other options?

Look up Taiddan remote on eBay. Most are listed for motorcycles but I installed in my truck. Uses high beam to open garage door. Super easy to install. I even have the home link buttons and I prefer being able to use my high beams. I also have one installed on my Harley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts