Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2015 Pro-4x and can't seem to find a reasonably priced 3-4 inch lift that won't brake the bank. I would like to stay around $500 but will go up to $700. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Well, it depends on what you want to do tire-wise. You can do a 3" lift with strut spacers and upper control arms in front, and blocks and longer shocks out back. Total cost if you are a good shopper will around $700-1000, depending on the UCAs you buy. But 3" is not enough for 35s, so if that's what you want, you have to step up to a full bracket lift which gets expensive quickly.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Cheapest 4" is the Rough Country bracket lift at $1000. Cheapest 3" is Rough Country mini lift at $350 which includes control arms. Without control arms you could go a 3" spacer, 1" block in the back and don't need rear shocks but you'll have bad coil bucket contact and will need control arms anyway.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Need more information about your goals. Is your truck a street queen? Do you tow? What kind of performance are you looking for out of your suspension?

You could go with the RC 3" mini lift. Performance isn't going to be good (not much travel), but if your truck is a street queen it'll be fine. Your best bet for performance would be to go with a full bracket lift.. and of course there are more performance upgrades from there but it's a starting point.

Or you could just level it with a 2" leveling spacer for now and upgrade the rest of your suspension for more travel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheapest 4" is the Rough Country bracket lift at $1000. Cheapest 3" is Rough Country mini lift at $350 which includes control arms. Without control arms you could go a 3" spacer, 1" block in the back and don't need rear shocks but you'll have bad coil bucket contact and will need control arms anyway.
Great. .I think I'm going to call Rough Country and talk to them about the mini lift. Should I buy directly through them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off the phone with Rough Country and they said the 3"mini lift won't work with the struts that are on the pro 4x. So frustrated.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Meh, if you want to go for a little more solid 3" setup you can do DK control arms (~$500), 3" spacer in front, 1" spacer in back. You can still stay under your $700 limit and have really good UCA's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What does DK stand for? When I bought this trick I had no idea I would have this much trouble. Should have spent less and just got the standard titan.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Dirt King. Site vendor. I'm fairly certain the RC lift will work just fine, maybe someone else will chime in that's used it. I personally have a 3/1 mini lift, but it's just a mish mash of stuff. Dirt King control arms, 2" spacer, Bilsteins on 1" in the front, 1" spacer in the back with stock length Bilsteins. My struts were sitting at 110k miles so I needed new ones. Like I said, if you forego the Bilsteins and get a 3" front spacer it'll accomplish the same thing.

Dirt King UCA's will give more travel and take more beating than Rough Country's.

·
Registered
259 Posts
+1. Just get some DK upper control arms and a 2" billet leveling spacer off of eBay. You'll be within your price limits, and your truck will be level.

Otherwise spring for the RC 4" or 6" lift. It's $300 more and you get a more reliable lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
The RC 3" lift isn't anything special anyway. It messes up your CV axle angles and the suspension travel is terrible.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same truck and just went through all of this. 500-700 is not gonna do it regardless of what anyone tells you. I spent around $1000 for PRG 4" lift and all components. Pm me if you want to discuss what I went through and parts I installed

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you're going to spend $1000. Just buy the RC 4 or 6" lifts. It's really not that complicated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts