Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question for you guys...

is there a noticable difference in ride quality between the le 4x4 and the le OR 4x4? we dont have any le 4x4's in my area...

what do you think??? Any personal experiences?:cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The shocks with the OR package are different, so I would say the ride is different without a doubt. I would expect the ride on an OR to be a little more harsh.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not really harsh but I would say harder & tighter, or firm.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have an offroad and I'd say the ride is perfect. Very comfortable on 12 hour trips. Predictable for towing. Effective for light off road. I have 11K miles, they say the stock ranchos won't last all that long and the replacements are an improvement.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup...
put a $1k deposit on an 06 this eve. or.bt/navi.dvd.moon roof. just havent had the chance to compare the two. it has got to be better than my current ram ride!!! I want a smooth and quite ride(for now).

thanks...

any other input????

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
ekes said:
yup...
put a $1k deposit on an 06 this eve. or.bt/navi.dvd.moon roof. just havent had the chance to compare the two. it has got to be better than my current ram ride!!! I want a smooth and quite ride(for now).

thanks...

any other input????
I don't have the OR package, but I love the way my Titan drives and rides. It feels very connected to the road, handles really well for a truck, and the ride is top notch. I put a SnugTop shell on a couple of days ago and that really smoothed out the ride, trucks always ride better when there's a load in the back.

It was a tough call because I was all set to pull the trigger on a new '05 Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4x4 as I could get it for the same price as the Titan I have now, but I just couldn't get over the Titan's total package with the options, ride, and performance. I definitely know I made the right choice, this coming from someone who swore he'd buy another Dodge Ram (Had a '97 Ram 2500 Cummins, got rid of it with 170,000 miles and it was the best truck ever. Until my Titan. :D )

Speaking of shocks, my only complaint with the non-OR shocks has to do with the rebound control, specifically if I go over a bump or there's a sharp drop in the road, the stock shocks slam all the way down to full droop, hard, with a bang. My co-worker's Silverado 2500HD 4x4 was the same way until he put some better shocks on it, so that may be my next mod.

Congrats on the Titan! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Speaking in a general sense, the stock shocks are all junk, whether they are for the OR or non-OR trucks. Also note that while the shock itself on the front is different, the springs are the same, regardless of OR/Non OR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts