Nissan Titan Forum banner

"Orange Peel) paint on new Titan

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  nisstitan 
#1 · (Edited)
"Orange Peel" texture paint on new Titan

I LOVE my new truck 08 SE KC galaxy black. But how does everyones paintjob from the factory look. I wash my truck everyother day anyway, but just wanted to get some feedback on this from other owners.

#4 ·
Every Titan i look at real close at an angle (that has factory paint jobs) i see the orange peel paint you speak of.....
EPA/Al Gore controls this schit......

#7 ·
I've looked real close for many years and have never seen one with factory paint that didn't have the orange peel look...
Have you had your eyes checked lately ????
Not being an assbag, but i have seen it on literally hundreds of Titans over the years...

#9 ·
luvbelly said:
Not being an assbag either. When I am an inch away from my Titan I can see it, but I feel that it is on par or better than the finishes on other trucks I have owned.....ya know what I mean.
I can't see it an inch away either...
Back away a bit and you should see it....

#10 ·
luvbelly said:
Not being an assbag either. When I am an inch away from my Titan I can see it, but I feel that it is on par or better than the finishes on other trucks I have owned.....ya know what I mean.
Any vehicle painted legally in the US will have the orange peel due to the water based primer/paint that has to be legally used at the legally run shops....

#11 · (Edited)
Holy cow man,,,,I do see it, have seen it, know what orange peel is. I was tryiing to say (and not very well I guess) that this is not a problem specific to the titan or to nissan. I have had Fords where this was worse. I am trying to say that I think the finishes I have seen on Titan are on par with or better than those I have seen on other manufacturers trucks.

#12 ·
luvbelly said:
Holy cow man,,,,I do see it, have seen it, know what orange peel is. I was tryiing to say (and not very well I guess) that this is not a problem specific to the titan or to nissan. I have had Fords where this was worse. I am trying to say that I think the finishes I have seen on Titan are on par with those I have seen on other manufacturers trucks.
Thank you....:cheers:

You are right about the ones painted "here", regardless of vehicle make....
My 2000 chebby that was painted in Indiana had the same problem...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.