Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with a couple of people at my local dealership about the XD. They said orders open up on October 20th. Anyone heard something similar?

A nissan rep was there a couple weeks ago with training material. They said he didn't even know an estimated price.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Negative! Nissan continues to treat us all like mushrooms: fed S.H.I.T and kept in the dark!

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Usually, you would want to see/feel what you are ordering, especially if it's a $40k + vehicle. Nissan does do everything back a$$....

Reactions: James.J

·
Registered
282 Posts
Usually, you would want to see/feel what you are ordering, especially if it's a $40k + vehicle. Nissan does do everything back a$$....
I know right, there's little communication if any going on.

What brought this even more into light was seeing how Titans were showing up at dealerships, and that was mainly found though searching hashtags on instagram and coming across posts on the forum.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I know right, there's little communication if any going on.

What brought this even more into light was seeing how Titans were showing up at dealerships, and that was mainly found though searching hashtags on instagram and coming across posts on the forum.
yea but in canada and the texas fair. thats it. Also, a dealership in ID has opened their pre order banks. All of this is completely random, nothing is standardized.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Local dealer said yesterday that they are taking pre-orders for the XD and they have 5 trucks scheduled to arrive December 15. They do not yet know the price. The salesman said he was going to the factory for training on the XD next week.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does the pre-order even work? Is a deposit required?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
People assume this pre-order program is managed through Nissan. That might have been the case in the past, such as when the Z was reintroduced back in '03. But for the Titan XD, this doesn't appear to be the case. Individual dealers (who are not bound by any factory rules) appear to be "priming the pipeline" by offering their own pre-orders. They usually take a deposit (varies by dealership) and will likely charge at, or above, MSRP for the right to have the first trucks off the line.

·
Registered
395 Posts
(Sigh)...........Dammint Nissan......"Well, we have the truck built,..... maybe. We are gonna sell it, but we aren't telling you the price or to whom it will be sold too, taking into account we decide to actually sell it. Matter of fact, we would really like to keep putting them on the tops of Skyscrapers to be honest. Oh, we will also put out some information on the website and at your local(random) dealer so you can possibly order a combination/trim level from the random dealers and random information we post to those random dealers............maybe. Tell you what, we will think about it some more and get back to you........maybe.." :domohit::dunno:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
No kidding?? Wow, I thought that was legit! I kept trying to find where it said that it was a joke, but I never found it. Maybe I kept staring at the GT-R in the article and just was't paying attention.....:dunno:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Im going to the Texas state fair next weekend so I will take as many pics as I can but im sure everyone has already seen enough pics of the new XD. Also I thought the free gtr launch was only yellow and you have to buy a yellow xd.. But dunno for sure

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
My local dealer is taking XD orders in November.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Im going to the Texas state fair next weekend so I will take as many pics as I can but im sure everyone has already seen enough pics of the new XD. Also I thought the free gtr launch was only yellow and you have to buy a yellow xd.. But dunno for sure
That's what I thought. I wouldn't mind the Solar Yellow (Or what ever they call it). For a free GT-R, I'd sign right up:big_grin:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm game for as many pics as you wanna post. Especially of the underside and mechanical stuff.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I find that most of what's online is what the media has covered which doesn't go all that in depth, not nearly as close as you'd find from a true Titan or truck enthusiast... underside being one of those.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was at my dealer today, getting some work done to my 2015 T. Still no word on when they can order of will get in an XD. Now, they are a smaller dealer, so maybe they won't get "first choice" on the XD till later in the month. I still see no online configurator for the XD.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts