Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I just picked up an 08 CCLB Pro4x and wondering what to do for a little more power/economy... don't want to replace the factory exhaust i just put a nice tip on the end and also did a performance filter... will modding the airbox make you hear a lot of the intake pulses? Did it on my Tundra and it was annoying as hell till I put exhaust on it. Keep in mind this is my wife's truck so can't put anything crazy and not really ever gonna do exhaust. What do you recommend for programmers and are they worth it if not running premium? I am experienced with modding gas/diesel just new to the 5.6 motor. And anything I need to keep an eye on besides the rear end? Truck has 44k on it. Sorry for the lengthy post, I appreciate the answers!

Oh and whats the biggest tire you can put on a Pro4x without rubbing? I might do a leveling kit if necessary but thats it, the truck has to pull trailers from time to time. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Welcome to TT! You might want to try researching the forum. There is a ton of info on this!!!

My recommendation would be to get a CAI, muffler swap & a handheld tuner. This will give you the best bang for your buck! You already have the optimal exhaust pipe size since you have an '08. You just need to swap your restrictive muffler for a "flow through" design muffler.

CAI: K&N, Nisamo, Volant, S&B, Bank's ,Injen.

Tuner: BullyDog or SuperChip's

Muffler: 18" or 22" Magnaflow (dual in-single out)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! So the tuners are worth some power/mileage? Just don't wanna waste money on anything and I would do the 22" muffler just can't have any droning with it... Oh and the stock airbox mod doesn't work that well? I've always just built/modified my own air intakes hate paying money for them when I can generally figure it out :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just don't wanna waste money on anything and I would do the 22" muffler just can't have any droning with it
Honestly, if you don't want droning, don't swap anything. I think the only system, muffler or catback, that doesn't have drone is the Corsa system and that's ~1K. The tuners are worth it, and I saw a mileage increase with the BDPP when running premium tune and gas. Enough improvement to warrant paying the extra 20-30 cents at the pump. I'm thinking the BDGT will give the same effect, but I also added a catback and my mileage numbers went down. I've had a CAI and the airbox mod. I think the airbox mod is fine if you don't plan on doing exhaust changes. The CAI and exhaust change kind of go hand in hand IMO.

If you didn't want drone but wanted a little power boost, by a Superchips or Bully Dog GT, cut the tube out of the air box, drop in a K&N filter, and be done with it. Or find a high flow dry filter drop in. Again, just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts