Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Caught a lucky break!

Bought my truck 3 weeks ago and it came with a 30 day drivetrain warranty, Diff making lots of noise now, so i made a deal with the dealer to get the detroit tru-trac instead of paying for a whole new rear-end!

Can't wait to get it!

Anybody got the timken carrier bearing part number?

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
I believe that you need two of each of the following:

Tapered Roller Bearings - Timken JLM704610 (race or cup)

Tapered Roller Bearings JLM704649 - Timken (bearing)

I strongly suggest call these guys to make sure these are the correct part numbers:

http://www.differentials.com/

The absolute best way to install is to also replace the axle seals, which requires replacing the outer bearings and associated snap rings.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks for help on the part numbers.

I gave west coast differentials a call for the diff, $592 with bearings.
but i ended up getting the diff through my brother in-laws shop For i bit of a better price.

Just need the bearings now!

Actually thinking of having wheel bearings and seals done while its apart.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Closely related question, don't need a new thread. I just received my TT from WCD yesterday. It is the part number I've seen listed many times, and says Nissan on the box.

But, where it says Spline, 40 is stamped on the box, I had read a thread somewhere (the head in 2005) that said the Titan had a 32 Spline axle. Am I confusing something?

I have not counted the splines on the TT. Part Number is 913A582. Maybe there is a misprint on the box for the number of splines it is?

Thanks, and I'll confirm info tomorrow, I have it sitting at work, not home.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm?

Same part number i was told when i ordered mine.

Good Question Titanblue- you are correct that they are 32 spline axles in the titan, I have not recieved my TT yet, so i wont know what my box says till Monday.

Maybe just a misprint, i would just count the splines in the diff itself and make sure it has 32 splines.

sure be sweet if the Titans came with 40 spline axles.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
95rioredvert said:
Hmm?

Same part number i was told when i ordered mine.

Good Question Titanblue- you are correct that they are 32 spline axles in the titan, I have not recieved my TT yet, so i wont know what my box says till Monday.

Maybe just a misprint, i would just count the splines in the diff itself and make sure it has 32 splines.

sure be sweet if the Titans came with 40 spline axles.
It was a misprint on the box! :) I counted 32 splines as I should. I'm all relaxed now...Yeah, 40 splines may be nice, but not without knowing about it. I really thought I had a problem (and others would have too.). All well, but be aware, Detroit has misprinted the info on the box. I need to contact WCD and TT to be sure they know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts