Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Titan on Monday this week... Now I have only 3 months to wait for it's arrival. Hope it comes sooner rather than later...

04 SE KC 4X4 Smoke Titan
Off Road w/ E-locker
Big Tow
Utility Bed package
RF w/Bench
Splash Guards and Floormats

With the destination charge, invoice is $28,609... so my price is 28,608.

I'll be trading in one of my Subarus on it, too (a WRX).

Took about 15 minutes at the dealership to put the order through with the internet sales manager.

Three cheers for Capitol One's 3.85% APR loan and pre-approval!

The only distasteful part of this is that I wanted the airbag package as well... but you can't get the airbag package with bench seats. The seat mounted side airbags will only be in captain's chairs. O'well...

Has anyone considered installing the roof-mounted side curtain airbags as an aftermarket item?

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

I drove a couple F150's and a Ram... My favorite quote from the "Titan vs. F150" thread from bestatchess: I didn't buy a couch, I bought a truck!

·
Registered
548 Posts
how many years 3.85?

Austin said:
Just ordered my Titan on Monday this week... Now I have only 3 months to wait for it's arrival. Hope it comes sooner rather than later...

04 SE KC 4X4 Smoke Titan
Off Road w/ E-locker
Big Tow
Utility Bed package
RF w/Bench

With the destination charge, invoice is $28,609... so my price is 28,608.

I'll be trading in one of my Subarus on it, too (a WRX).

Took about 15 minutes at the dealership to put the order through with the internet sales manager.

Three cheers for Capitol One's 3.85% APR loan and pre-approval!

The only distasteful part of this is that I wanted the airbag package as well... but you can't get the airbag package with bench seats. The seat mounted side airbags will only be in captain's chairs. O'well...

Has anyone considered installing the roof-mounted side curtain airbags as an aftermarket item?

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

I drove a couple F150's and a Ram... My favorite quote from the "Titan vs. F150" thread from bestatchess: I didn't buy a couch, I bought a truck!
how many years?
5 or 6?

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dcrobt said:
how many years?
5 or 6?
60 months. With the equity I have in the WRX and the $6000 or so I'll put down, I'll end up financing about $18000.

With 3.85%, though, I'm thinking about not putting any money at all down.

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Austin said:
I stopped by today and changed my order to Canteen Green...

They had one on the lot - it's a good looking green.
I am turning green with envy from looking at "E-locker" in your sig. Can you confirm that it will also have the VDO and anti-slip features?

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bestatchess said:
I am turning green with envy from looking at "E-locker" in your sig. Can you confirm that it will also have the VDO and anti-slip features?
Did you mean VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control)? I'm not sure what VDO is...

I've called 1.800.NISSAN1 multiple times and I've been assured multiple times that the Active Brake Limited Slip function is not affected by the presense of the electronic locking rear diff. Obviously when the rear diff is locked, there can be no relative motion between the two rear wheels, hence no need or use for ABLS in the rear. When the E-locker is not engaged, however, ABLS functions as it should.

The only place I've read or heard that there is any conflict between the E-locker and ABLS is right here on TitanTalk. Bottom line, I can't confirm with any degree of certainty... I've called 1.800.NISSAN1, I've talked to a bunch of dealers, I've read the service manuals cover to cover a few times... Since everything else (including common sense) says that there is no conflict between the E-locker and ABLS, that's what I believe.

Can't confirm, though, until I get the truck in the mud...

Oh, and I also added running boards to the order... The sacrifices we make for vertically challenged wives...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Austin said:

04 SE KC 4X4 Smoke Titan
Off Road w/ E-locker
Big Tow
Utility Bed package
RF w/Bench

Just ordered mine also. It is almost a twin of yours:

04 SE KC 4X4 Smoke
Off Road w/E-locker
Big Tow
Utility Bed Package
SE Popular with Powered Captains
Splash Guards
Floormats
Sliding Bed Divider
Dealer Installed Step Tubes (Running Boards)

Invoice=$28,812 + $450 (running boards)
Paying $28,812 + $450

Can't Wait!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts