Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which OPTION FOR RED ACCENTS on FUEL HOSTAGE? on RED PRO4X....

• Outline Spokes Only

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Red Lip Ring

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Red Lip Ring w/ Black Studs

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Red Lip Ring w/ Black Studs & Bolts

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • All Out Red Accents

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Factory Fuel Hostage w/ NO Red Accents

Votes: 8 34.8%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my ProComp wheels right now because the one's I really wanted at the time I bought my truck were on backorder for an unknown time period. Never being totally satisfied, it's always been in the back of my mind to replace them. Well the wifey said, "if you want go ahead and get new ones with your new tires":redblob"::kiss::rockon::luveyes::kiss::luveyes::kiss:
So, I looked and thought I had found the perfect wheel, then tried to order the Ballistic Jesters in Black with the Red Accents. DOH!!! Call back that they had no -12mm offsets ANYWHERE in the US..!!!!:crying::crying::crying:
So I start looking again and then:pieceandl:banasex0r:thedevil::luveyes::gunz::cheers: I see the Fuel D531 Hostage in Satin Black!! Now my brain starts thinking, those would complement my truck if I add some Red accents to define them from the tire! Giovanna wheels does this on their high end custom wheels for Lambos, Ferraris, etc.....So I start doodling in MS Paint.....

These are going on a RED Pro-4x

1. SPOKE OUTLINES

2. RED LIP RING

3. RED LIP RING w/ Black STUDS

4. RED LIP RING w/ Black STUDS & BOLTS

5. ALL OUT RED ACCENTS - (may look over the top to some.....)

6. FUEL O-R Hostage IN SATIN BLACK

I ordered the Fuel Hostages yesterday with Nitto Trail Grapplers in 295/70R18!! Tires will come in a couple days
but the wheels won't be in till late February, so I've got plenty of time to ponder the choices..

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,
William

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah, I like the last one with no red. It looks the best imo.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed most of you guys with Black trucks voted for no Red at all, but since my truck is Red, I'm thinking #2 will probably be my choice. The Red ring outlines the wheel nicely to bring some color to it and distinguish it from the tire with that simulated beadlock look. Red brake calipers will follow.

I did something similar to my previous Rubicon to make those wheels unique. Hate seeing someone else with the same thing I've got:ftard:......I added Simulocks from a beadlock company in California to my OEM Rubi wheels.....Everyone would ask me where I got them.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i would leave them all black but if you do paint them i would go with #2

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like #3. The black studs look sick. What ever way you go you will have one bad arse T!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like #1.. Mostly black, with the POP of the red..

·
Registered
202 Posts
You should look into having your accents done in vinyl rather than paint. I did a set of black XD Hoss's a few years ago with vinyl and they came out really nice. Plus after you do it you can always remove it (peels off like a sticker) if you end up not liking it or if you get tired of it down the road.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Alright man, do #1 if your not gonna do #6. :redblob"

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I like #1 with the slight red accents. i think that would look good.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
#6 but if your set on having red in it then #1 because it doesn't overpower the rest. its just a hint of red trim to accent.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bcini,
I like your idea! If I do it in vinyl I can change it as needed and do it in paint
when I decide which one I like best....:teethmast

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the input! I'm definitely going to have to try it in vinyl a few ways before I go with paint............I'm the type that gets tired of things after a while and likes to change things up......

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
my vote is for 5 or 1

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is what I ended up doing for now........

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
that's a bossy bietch rite there.

Reactions: WillieFlo
1 - 20 of 27 Posts