Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if any of the "chain" auto places will install shock/struts on a lifted truck with spacers? I have a couple specialty 4x4 places (none to close) that I will use if not. Just ordered them tonight so I have not called any so I tought I would ask the "gang".

·
Registered
372 Posts
Very simple to put on yourself with a couple of tools

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would need a spring comp right? Never used one and not sure I want to learn in below zero temps.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Just find a local shop and they should do it

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I would need a spring comp right? Never used one and not sure I want to learn in below zero temps.
Yeah not something you'd want to do in freezing temps without a heated garage and a little know-how. Most tire shops can do it or any mechanics garage. It shouldn't be too expensive. Make sure you get an alignment soon after. Its a good idea anytime you mess with the suspension where changes are made.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have my truck at the dealer for the starting issue and they said they would do it for $160 labor. Probably could get it done for less but its there so screw it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
You are gonna thank yourself for putting those HD's on. I have a mini lift in my 2004 KC 4x4 and I just got my HD's on all four corners. I took about a 400 mile trip to see family this past weekend and my truck rode like a dream. So smooth and it got rid of the clunking noise I had up front from those junk Ranchos. I hopped in my brother's 2008 Acura RDX and I felt like I was riding in Model T compared to my truck. It was rough and the suspension felt super tight and unforgiving. I dont know much about Acura, but im pretty sure that car is made to be somewhat of a luxury vehicle, but it rode hard. I also drive a 2011 Tahoe for work and it is rough compared to my Titan. I have no regrets at all going with the Bilstein HD's!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called 3 places today after the dealer decideed they didnt want to do it and the all said no. WTF is so different? Hooze 4x4 will get a call in the am

·
Registered
185 Posts
Called 3 places today after the dealer decideed they didnt want to do it and the all said no. WTF is so different? Hooze 4x4 will get a call in the am
I ordered the HD's too. I talked to my normal tire shop and they said get whatever I want and they'll install them. Not sure on the price yet, but I need tires too so I'd say they'll be fair if they want my tire business too...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered the HD's too. I talked to my normal tire shop and they said get whatever I want and they'll install them. Not sure on the price yet, but I need tires too so I'd say they'll be fair if they want my tire business too...
I have a 6 in lift. Got mine from Shockwarehouse. Use the code TITAN5 for a discount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts