Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone actually order their Titan from the factory? The local dealers tell me that if they can't find the one I want that they'll order one for me but they never call back! I'm getting the feeling that they don't want to bother...

·
Registered
473 Posts
I ordered mine, and earlier this year, my wife ordered her maxima. It sucks having 2 vehicles the same age, we end up trading at the same time. At leaset that gets rid of new car envy.

I did run into one little problem, they tried to change the price on the trade in at the time of the closing. They wanted to reduce the value of my trade by 4K. After hollering at them until 2 other customers walked out and one did not bother comming in, they gave in and agreed to sell it for the price we contracted at.

This time I am selling my old one outright!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I ordered mine just last week from the local dealer. I got the impression, atleast here in Indy, that to get what I want, I'd have to order. There just isn't much around town yet.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was getting close to ordering one in the next couple of weeks but now some of the talk of brake problems and seat problems is starting to make me paranoid.

·
Registered
473 Posts
So far:

1 brake problem (the owner states the truck fell off the back of the shipping truck! I would never have taken that truck JMHO)
The same truck was missing the mud flap on one side

1 Seat problem

1 Door clip problem

Plenty of hood guards not including the center clip

Out of how many Titans that have been sold? This does not sound bad to me. I would still get the extended warrenty, if they ask for list, tell them fine only if they throw in the 70/70K!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Either you're referring to someone else, or you're mistaken about the 'truck fell off of the back of the shipping truck).
I have a Titan with a failed brake pressure sensor (switch),
and the missing mudflap. My truck didn't fall off of the back of the shipping truck. I did almost crash into a concrete barrier/wall when the brakes failed the first time while parking.

Just a note, the brakes don't fail %100. The pedal just drops almost to the floor, and I get a few relay clicks. escaping air, and dash lights. If you push the pedal that last 1/2", you get some braking.
The e-brake also continues to work.

It also only seems to happen while at low speeds(parking and already stopped), and hadn't occured while slowing from higher speeds. (I suspect low-engine-vacuum conditions)

Failures happen, even on new vehicles, but I'm most annoyed with the fact that Nissan can't locate the parts to fix these problems.
I'm glad that I got that extended warranty!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sorry, my mistake. I have been consuming so much data from 3 different boards, I must have mixed 2 reports up.

The break failure is significant, luckily it appears to be limited as I have not heard of more about it. I checked the Armada pages to see if there was anything there, but no reports as of yet.

I know that this is a small sampling of a larger overall group, but usualy if there is a problem that person will let everyone know! No, I am not saying anyone is complaining, to tell the truth I have been plesantly surprized by how professional everyone here and at NOR have been about the trucks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dog,

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I have also seen that story where the truck fell off of the car carrier.

·
Registered
473 Posts
"2. The second issue with the truck, is that it rolled off of the delivery truck, it was missing the drivers rear splash guard. It was never installed. The dealership ordered it. Three times. And Nissan cancels the order, saying that "the part isn't available yet"!"

This was posted by Kentd in this forum under Initial Titan Problems. I now understand that what you meant by what you typed is that from the manufacturer the mud flap was missing when they took it off the truck, not that it rolled off the delivery truck and then was repaired with the dealer unable to replace that part.

My mistake, lost in the translation somewhere.:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Doghouse said:
No, I am not saying anyone is complaining, to tell the truth I have been plesantly surprized by how professional everyone here and at NOR have been about the trucks.
What's the NOR site all about and where can I find it?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't know if we are alloed to talk about other boards here.. I would guess that it is about Off Roading. No idea what the N is for..

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Just a note, the brakes don't fail %100. The pedal just drops almost to the floor, and I get a few relay clicks. escaping air, and dash lights. If you push the pedal that last 1/2", you get some braking."

I was starting to think about that last night since you usually have a couple of "assisted" brake application even after the engine is turned off unless you've got a major fluid leak or a several vacuum leak.

Even after thinking about whatever problems are currently out there I think I'm still going to take the plunge (with extended warranty of course, paid off big time with my 93 pathfinder).

kentd - hope they fix your problems, and fast.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Brake problems

Before anyone starts saying they won't buy a Titan because two (so far) have said they had brake problems, go to F-150 forums. In Edmunds, one guy had his brakes on his new 2004 F-150 fail completely. He didn't even have a 1/2 inch to play with. He was at speed when it happened and only his emergency brake saved him. Just think about it.:confused:

·
Registered
473 Posts
see previous statement, I am in full agreement!

I am surprized at how little has been wrong with this first production vehicle.

Then again it is a NISSAN!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree

I agree about the problems with the Ford. If you think the Titan has a lot of problems, go to Edmunds discussion on the F-150 problems. At least the Titan's aren't major problems like the Ford's having. Thank God I decided to test drive the Titan before I bought the Ford, I ordered my Titan a week after I drove it. Much better!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts