Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 08 titan is stock at the moment. im going to be doing many up grades in the future.osiris tuner seems to be the best except for the price (700 bucks!)bullydog seems to be a pretty good deal for the price. need some good advice.:read:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depends on your future upgrades. If you go forced induction, or cams, headers, etc uprev will be able to give you a map for all those Mods. Bully dog won't. So it really depends on what you have planes for the truck.

Reactions: titanmason

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I've been down this road before. Unless you have headers or cams, get the BDGT.

You mentioned upgrades in the future. Even so, I would still get the BDGT. Plans can always change and you may not ever do your planned upgrades.

If you do get to the point of heavy mods like headers and cams, then simply sell the BDGT and get Uprev. Used BDGT units sell easily.

Last thing, do you really need Osiris Tuner? Do you know how to tune? Most folks do just fine with the cheaper Osiris Standard, which comes with 3 free e-tunes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can usually get a used UpRev tuner off the for sale board. I picked up mine for $250.00 and couldn't be happier. I also have a BDGT that I use for a digital gauge only.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I was in the BDGT camp for awhile, because I planned on never doing headers OR cams. But, now that my exhaust manifolds have gone bad, headers are a no-brainer. And, therefore, is Uprev. Unless you want to do on-the-fly tuning yourself, the $500 Osiris package is fine (basically Uprev does the custom tune for you via email)
BDs and all the other plug-in programmers are good for plug-in power, even as a first mod. But they won't fix AF ratios, which you'll need for headers. (And BDGT's display is awesome)
But if you're going to keep your truck for the long haul, you'll be replacing the e manifolds at some point, either with OEM, crack-prone manifolds like before, or with longer-lasting, better-performing headers. If you're only going to keep the truck for a few years, you shouldn't HAVE to.

I want the display functionality of the BD, but I'm going with Uprev. I don't want my laptop permanently affixed in my truck, so I'm going to use one of those $20 eBay bluetooth OBDII adapters and the $5 Torque app on my android cellphone. (Also for iPhones) AF, temps and more straight from my ECU.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Get Uprev, I've had them all & uprev is the best. Even w/out headers you want your afr to be spot on to get full potential & power out of your truck. Uprev is so much better than a canned tune. Ive owned bdgt, bdpp & sc. They are all good but not as good as Uprev. I should have bought it first!

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Buy my BDGT and my Blend mount for $350 and I'll go get the Uprev. :) I'm happy with my BDGT, but I was getting better gas mileage with the Hypertech tuning. The nice thing about the BDGT is that you can view your stats on it. I did not get the Uprev because I have a Macbook and at the time of purchase, their software didn't support Macs.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Get Uprev, tuned specific for your truck. You may be thinking now that you won't be doing mods in the future... but time changes everything. I also run a "tuned" 07 Dmax and am sorry I didn't go with EFI Live (same as Uprev but specific for diesels) from the start. You guessed it, I am running a "canned" tune, although its good..there is better. Same goes for my Titan, I have the BDGt (its good), but I should have went with Uprev from day one. My point is, I never thought intially I was going to mod and dump so much money into these trucks. Now that I did, I wish to take full advantage of all the mods thus my desire for a tune of "optimal performance" and "tailor made" specifically for my trucks. The price increase between the two is marginal at best. You and your truck will be happier in the long run. Good luck with your decesion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info! i will have my titan for a few years.i will be doing alot of mods. over the summer and will get some headers on soon. would like to go with a stillen sup.charger but the wife said too much$$$ but i will work on her this summer.for now just workin on exaust,air,tires,and tuner.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Nice list, but stay away from the supercharger until its perfected. Add cams to the list instead.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
thanks for the info! i will have my titan for a few years.i will be doing alot of mods. over the summer and will get some headers on soon. would like to go with a stillen sup.charger but the wife said too much$$$ but i will work on her this summer.for now just workin on exaust,air,tires,and tuner.
Stick with stock size tires, anything bigger will just slow you down. Intake, exhaust & Uprev will give you a lot of power:) Make sure you research the exhaust before you buy. If I can give you a little advice, stay away from any chambered muffler!! ANY, don't care what anyone says!! With you being an 08' just do a muffler swap. If you want loud go with dual bullets. If you want kind of loud go with an 18" magnaflow. If you want just louder than stock go with a 22" maganflow. Magnaflow will drone just a bit though. As far as CAI goes, any CAI will be good, Aem, S&B, Volant ect. Good luck man and if you need anything just post it up. We love helping people mod the chit out of their trucks:)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Buy my BDGT and my Blend mount for $350 and I'll go get the Uprev. :) I'm happy with my BDGT, but I was getting better gas mileage with the Hypertech tuning. The nice thing about the BDGT is that you can view your stats on it. I did not get the Uprev because I have a Macbook and at the time of purchase, their software didn't support Macs.
Quick question, does anyone know if their software supports Macs now? Or in the future will they support it? Looking to buy one but not sure what I will do about the uprev issue. My windows laptop is just having problems one after another and I'm fed up with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts