Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today someone decided I didn’t need my driver side tow mirror and knocked it off the truck while parked on the main road. Of all places for it to happen I was at the Nissan dealer in the parts dept getting oil filters. The mirror body oddly doesn’t come with the glass or the rear cap, they are all separate parts and come in at about $800. What a day it was.

·
Premium Member
68,096 Posts
They don't have cameras?

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw it get hit on their camera and see it was a red silverado who also lost a mirror but he took off and the plate was not readable. What I need to find out is, is a hit and run collision or comprehensive. My collision is $500 and comprehensive is $100. If a collision claim I’ll pay cash for it instead.
At least the truck wasn’t rear ended.
Clint

·
Premium Member
68,096 Posts
From the web..

It would be covered under collision coverage. Collision covers damages anytime the car collides with another object. Comprehensive coverage will cover other damages to the car that does not involve a collision; such as, fire, theft, or vandalism. Since it was a hit and run, you can also use uninsured motorist property damage, to cover the damages. This is additional coverage that you must already have on the policy. To file a claim under uninsured motorist, you will likely need a police report.

Or see if the dealer will eat it. :)

·
Premium Member
68,096 Posts
The dealer probably knows who it is...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did you try car-part.com? You can locate a used mirror that's either close to you to go and pick up, or some of those pick and pull places will ship it to you. Shouldn't be anywhere near that $800 for a new part.

·
Registered
71 Posts
From the web..

It would be covered under collision coverage. Collision covers damages anytime the car collides with another object. Comprehensive coverage will cover other damages to the car that does not involve a collision; such as, fire, theft, or vandalism. Since it was a hit and run, you can also use uninsured motorist property damage, to cover the damages. This is additional coverage that you must already have on the policy. To file a claim under uninsured motorist, you will likely need a police report.

Or see if the dealer will eat it. :)
Sounds like it was malicious vandalism to me. I always fold in my mirrors when parked in a tight location.

·
Registered
206 Posts
$800 for a manual folding and telescoping mirror?!yikes.
And this is USD correct? So $5000 for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts