Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On friday 4-20-07 i was stopped at a red light on a highway. Then all of a sudden SH$T started flying everywhere. It was then that I had realized that I was hit. I was already on the brake from the red light and when i got hit i was on the brake harder trying not to hit the guy in front of me. I was hit by a Nissan Sentra. The speed linit on the road is 60mph. There was only about 30-40 feet of skid marks for him and 10 for mine. He went up under my truck.
The pictures didnt turn out like i wanted and do no justice of what you really see, it was a camera phone. now i am playing the waiting game to see what the first estimate of damage is, I do know i need a completly new bed. I will post better pics when I go back with a real camera.
Any Idea of damage costs?
2004 Titan LE w/ big tow package.

04-20-07_1533.jpg

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
well, the Sentra owner just bought a Titan, that's what I think... Several years ago, my prior truck got hit from the rear, peeled my bed up (similar looking damage). The estimator had their shop tear it down and the frame was found to have been also twisted and bent. Apparently the frame was was beyond "safe" to repair so it got totalled and written off. Poor sap that had a Mistubishi Eclipse ended paying for the loss... I hope your frame is good and that the bed just needs replacing... Hope all goes well with your insurance company... If it get's totalled, buy it back and build yourself a monster ride....

·
Super Moderator
36,626 Posts
Was he hurt?? Were you?

Glad that you came out OK... Heck its only steel, paint, and $$$

·
Registered
326 Posts
well i bet the driver was high because it was 4/20 and thats weird how the bed bent like that. u would think the sides would be bent too?

·
Registered
326 Posts
also, if ur truck gets totaled are u buying another one and if it does get totaled i wish it was my truck :p then u get a new one for no charge! lol!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasnt hurt, I never saw it comming, so I never tensed up. I am a little tight today. As far as the other guy, when I asked if he was ok, he was kinda dazed. He was taken to the hospital by ambluance. Everybody was very cool to me, once they found out I was an off duty Firefighter. I will post more once I find out if it is totalled. And YES I am sticking with a Titan.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
good once titan always titan... unless you have no self esteem and would consider driving something else with no worry of embaressment
lol
jk

·
Registered
805 Posts
wow, i got hit on the 20th also, but not as bad tho. this whacko lady backed up right into my left front bumper and left a real nice dent!
i posted some pics in this thread.....

sorry to see u got ur truck messed up tho. that sucks!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That looks bad....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE!!!

It was totaled out due to unfixable frame damage. Insurance paid me very well for my truck. So now I am replacing it with a 2007 LE Texas Titan crew cab w/ big tow in Galaxy. I will post pics when I pick it up. When I purchased my first Titan in 2004 I heard rumor that the Galaxy did not have a clearcoat, is that a rumor, still true, or corrected?

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought mine had clearcoat.

It looks awsome when it's clean (not very oftern).

Good luck with the new truck!

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Galaxy Black does have a clearcoat on it.
Nice to hear that you're not hurt and that your getting a new truck instead of a repaired truck. Good luck.

When do you pick up the new one?

Clint

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FireCapt, looks like 2 firefighters lost trucks on the same day. I am a full time paid guy myself. IAFF local 4137

Another note, anyone know when the 2008 will be available? shold I wiat for a 08, or take the killer incentives on an 07?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hey powder since its totaled i say you buy it back and sell to me :) shouldnt cost too much, my friend just totaled a car that was valued 14k and they let him buy it back for 500 bucks

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
I believe they are starting to ship to the dealers now.

Clint

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well I replaced my Titian with another one. A week later and dealing with 3 different dealerships I have my new Titan LE CC Texas Titan. One of the dealerships tried to sell my 2 different damaged Titans. One had hail damage which I saw after the dealer was closed and it was under the lights. I called them out on it and was hung up on. If you live in or around Austin, message me and I will let you know what dealership it was.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Glad you are okay and that you are getting another Titan..

As for the Clearcoat question, Older Sentras and Frontiers in Black or White did not have clearcoat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts