Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I used to be the proud owner of a 2006 Titan LE CC. About three weeks ago though a guy t-boned me while I was sitting at a stop sign. He passed out at the wheel and came of the road. The good news...the insurance company totalled it (to the tune of $22,000 in damage) and my new 2007 will be in my driveway Monday. By the way he hit me with a full size Dodge Ram and his truck was totalled too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
That was some hit you took. Good thing he hit behind your door. I hope you are doing well. What were your injuries, were you alone?
Best of luck with your 07.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts
I always hate to see a crunched Titan. I'm glad you're ok.

I will say this about our trucks. Although I've seen quite a few crunchies, most folks seem to make it out in pretty good shape. Says a lot in my opinion.

Good luck with the new one!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I didn't really notice until after my accident, but all the crunch stories I read seem to end with a banged up Titan, but relatively unhurt occupants. These things stand up well at the time we need them the most.
Carbeaux said:
I always hate to see a crunched Titan. I'm glad you're ok.

I will say this about our trucks. Although I've seen quite a few crunchies, most folks seem to make it out in pretty good shape. Says a lot in my opinion.

Good luck with the new one!

navigator said:
Well guys, I used to be the proud owner of a 2006 Titan LE CC. About three weeks ago though a guy t-boned me while I was sitting at a stop sign. He passed out at the wheel and came of the road. The good news...the insurance company totalled it (to the tune of $22,000 in damage) and my new 2007 will be in my driveway Monday. By the way he hit me with a full size Dodge Ram and his truck was totalled too.
Glad to see that you'll be upgrading from an 06 to an 07 as well. Super glad no one was hurt too badly.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i once saw a titan upside down on in a ditch lol.. that was wayyy before i knew you guys and i had my 05 titan... it actualy wasnt damaged to much at all...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I climbed out the passenger window and was at work that afternoon. I've actually already sent some pictures to Nissan with a thank you note 'cause, like you said, it took the brunt of the hit and I walked away unhurt.

·
Premium Member
92,269 Posts
Ouch! But really, it isn't as bad as some T-bones I've seen. It held up rather nicely. Sorry about your old "baby" but your new "baby" will like it's new home, I'm sure. Good luck, and glad you're ok.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Man $22,000 wouldn't pay mine off . I'm glad I have gap insurance.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ouch - that could've been a lot worse if you were hit a couple of feet forward. Glad you're ok (despite your avatar)...

·
Registered
557 Posts
debos titan said:
glad to hear your ok. not the best way to upgrade
Or is it? hehehe

Believe me, I'd NEVER want my daughter and I to go through what we went through again, but I made out nicely on the deal..

:D :jester:

·
Registered
805 Posts
My sympathies!
glad u werent hurt tho. and it looks like he wasnt going to fast......good thing!
i wonder what happens to totalled Titans? they dont shoot them do they?

post pics of ur new one

·
Registered
557 Posts
phugoid said:
My sympathies!
glad u werent hurt tho. and it looks like he wasnt going to fast......good thing!
i wonder what happens to totalled Titans? they dont shoot them do they?

post pics of ur new one
www.copart.com

It's a nationwide salvage/auction place. That's where mine will end up once the ins. co. decides they're through with it.

I did a search and there are some crunched up Titans on their website.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts