Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the DIY grill mod this weekend and painted the chrome grill shell while I had it out. Not going to waste my time with the bumper since it is being replaced as my next mod. Also painted the mirror caps black as well. Sanded all chrome parts with 180, then 400. Primed with several coats of black primer, once dry then sanded with 600 wet before applying actual color. Used a satin black to match the existing mirror housing as best as possible. Painted the grill "inserts" with bed liner, has a good contrast between satin shell. Black door handles on the way, I think it will be easier to replace those rather than spend the time painting the chrome ones.

Grill -

Mirror -

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Did the DIY grill mod this weekend and painted the chrome grill shell while I had it out. Not going to waste my time with the bumper since it is being replaced as my next mod. Also painted the mirror caps black as well. Sanded all chrome parts with 180, then 400. Primed with several coats of black primer, once dry then sanded with 600 wet before applying actual color. Used a satin black to match the existing mirror housing as best as possible. Painted the grill "inserts" with bed liner, has a good contrast between satin shell. Black door handles on the way, I think it will be easier to replace those rather than spend the time painting the chrome ones.

Grill -

Mirror -

Looks good! What are you doing with your bumper?

Reactions: bcini

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to replace it with a Pre-Runner bumper from Dirt King Fab along with 4 KC pod carbon fiber lights.

·
Registered
14,141 Posts
Looks great man! Cant even tell the mirrors were ever chrome. The bumper from Nick is gonna look sick especially with lights on it.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
If you think about selling your white end caps, let me know! I like the round fog light holes better than the D shaped ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts