Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys.....I can't wait to get home today to flash my Uprev on my ECU. I took off the Unichip last night and installed a new Optima red top. I wish that they offered the Osiris kit before i bought the Unichip. That was my main issue was down time and tuneability. Now we have the best of both worlds!!! I cant wait to do a 1/4 mile run as soon as i flash it this afternoon! I am anticipating at least a half second pickup or more. Will post the difference in the two as soon as i get a chance.

P.S..........more goodies this week!!! (Stillen sport rotors drilled for back, stillen brake stiffner, goodridge brake lines) And.....another axle seal fix as well!!!! :boxing:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warp09 said:
Make sure you do it when its cooler outside. The weather can kill a automobiles performance!
no chance in that around here until maybe 5:00 in the AM. Maybe i can find some willing Chevy or Dodge to race on the way to work?????

·
Registered
561 Posts
Don't forget to turn off ALL accessories (radio, a/c, etc) prior to flashing. You don't want anything to interrupt the process. Don't even let a cellphone get near the cable during the transfer. I go so far as to close the door so the overhead light isn't on. Not trying to scare you as I've flashed 3 times with no problems. Just trying to keep you from being one of the very few that did have an issue.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
that and close all the things running in ur laptops background like nortons viris crud and any other stuff running in the startup taskbar, flashing the ecu is a huge memory hog and it if gets a hiccup = sending ur ecu to uprev to fix anyways..

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok......where should i start? I finally feel like i have gotten out of my truck what i have put in it. There is a HUGE difference from stock map to the tuned one!!! If i were guessing i would say that it instantly has 35-45 more HP. There is a difference with everyday driving as well. The truck just "sounds" right now when you are full throttle. I can see why some of these guys went to a LSD after installing this! A full out burnout is no problem any more with the 22'' i have on. I can only imagine how good you could do a burnout with the OEM tire/wheel combo.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good deal, man. Glad you like it!

BTW - Do you have a TrueTrac?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DawgBone said:
Good deal, man. Glad you like it!

BTW - Do you have a TrueTrac?
Yeah i shoulda listened or waited a while back for this upgrade. Money well spent.

I don't have a TrueTrac......would seriously like to consider one now.

·
Registered
561 Posts
roy365 said:
Yeah i shoulda listened or waited a while back for this upgrade. Money well spent.

I don't have a TrueTrac......would seriously like to consider one now.
Check your P.M...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
yeah unichip ....pails in comparsion.

·
Registered
602 Posts
what is a optima red top? kinda new to this upgrading my titan. have the 2* flowmaster and just put a volant cai. really want something that is a noticable diff as soon as i do it. congrads man sounds like u really like this ill have to check on it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
oh ya now i remember seeing the name optima. man dumb*** me. sorry guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts