Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crying: I bought my baby back in May, all cause my wife wanted a dependable vehicle so when my sister came down we wouldn't have to worry about my old vehicle breaking down. So I said well we can look but won't promise anything, made the mistake of giving the dealership my keys to my other vehicle for trade in well still talking over about the vehicle I want. Well anyway left with my Titan 2007 K/C basic model. I never did any research before buying it. Turns out I could have paid 5,000 less, I talk to the dealership in las vegas and said I paid too much also cause I wanted to trade my baby in for a 2008 C/C 4x4 do to the fact I'm being reassigned to Alaska and want the 4x4 model. But can't be upset I really love my truck and starting to look for upgrades I.E. true trac, CAI, dual exhaust, 2* advance, so on and so fourth. But everytime I go out and look at my baby (Titan) I can't be upset! I just had to put at that out there, talking about it.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Sometime in our lives, just about all of us lose out on something. Enjoy the new ride. Truetrac is awesum. definetely a great upgrade for you. It will serve you well. :)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
We all make mistakes.
I NEVER hand over my keys to the salesperson, I keep them in my pocket untill I have worked out the deal. From now on i'm sure you will do your research ahead of time and find the best deal out there.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
pogi69x said:
:crying: I bought my baby back in May, all cause my wife wanted a dependable vehicle so when my sister came down we wouldn't have to worry about my old vehicle breaking down. So I said well we can look but won't promise anything, made the mistake of giving the dealership my keys to my other vehicle for trade in well still talking over about the vehicle I want. Well anyway left with my Titan 2007 K/C basic model. I never did any research before buying it. Turns out I could have paid 5,000 less, I talk to the dealership in las vegas and said I paid too much also cause I wanted to trade my baby in for a 2008 C/C 4x4 do to the fact I'm being reassigned to Alaska and want the 4x4 model. But can't be upset I really love my truck and starting to look for upgrades I.E. true trac, CAI, dual exhaust, 2* advance, so on and so fourth. But everytime I go out and look at my baby (Titan) I can't be upset! I just had to put at that out there, talking about it.
Before I bought my truck back in may I called all kinds of dealers to get a general price of what they can do for me. First I went local I stopped at Soutars and they just wanted to BS me. I stopped there on a friday and they told me that the price was only good until the end of saturday because I have been at the dealership many of times and haven't bought anything. So I got my quote and left. I knew I wasn't going to buy there but I did want to see what they have to offer. And then I called Valley Hi in Victorville and the guy didn't call me back so he missed out on the deal. I ended up going to Connell Nissan in Costa mesa and I was in and out in less than 2 hrs.

After I got my truck in July I did see a 5000 rebate but back in May it was only 3000.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you get rid of it make sure you do it down there. 4X2 take a big hit here when folks try and trade them in up here. Try and sell it and buy something up here. Shoot me a PM/ My brother works for Nissan and maybe I can get you a discount on your next one.
You going to be at Ft Richardson or Greely?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Some of the fleet vhehicles are 4x2 but not many. Usually it's folks that say AWW you dont need a 4x4. I have driven them all my life and a 4x4 is overrated. They will trade them in the first winter and take a bath.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Some of the fleet vhehicles are 4x2 but not many. Usually it's folks that say AWW you dont need a 4x4. I have driven them all my life and a 4x4 is overrated. They will trade them in the first winter and take a bath.
I have no desire for a 4x4, being a suburbanite, with moderate snow. I've only missed work 3 days in 27 years, driving a car. But in Alaska, I wouldn't ever consider a 4x2. Too risky when things get bad.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
AF-Medic said:
4X4 overrated? Are there no hills there? Why would anyone in a state that has that much cold and snowy weather be trading in their 4X4s? :huh:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
No folks come up here in their 4x2 and then qucikly realize they need it and try and get rid of their 4x2. Military folks leaving here and going to the lower 48 will buy a 4x2 and have it shipped. I dont see many 4x2 trucks here but when I do, they look funny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.