Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question with the overall tire diameter?
To keep the accurate information/speed data going into the computer how large of a tire/wheel can you install.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Troubles No More said:
I have a question with the overall tire diameter?
To keep the accurate information/speed data going into the computer how large of a tire/wheel can you install.
As long as the outside diameter is the same your speedo should be OK.
You can use something like this to calculate how much your spedo is off with different size tires.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
6,043 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I found my answer-

(When changing tire sizes, we recommend staying within 3% of the diameter/height of the original tire. Any more than this and you face the risk of brake failure.)

·
Super Moderator
161,002 Posts
Troubles No More said:
Thanks for the help, I found my answer-

(When changing tire sizes, we recommend staying within 3% of the diameter/height of the original tire. Any more than this and you face the risk of brake failure.)
Sounds like a great reason to go with the big brake kit. :D

Or, barring that, at least upgrade to slotted rotors.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
WITW(why in the world) would you tell someone that!!!
Brake FAILURE!
Why would the brakes just stop working and fail with a 4% bigger tire?
Why don't you inform the poster that braking performance drops as tire size/weight increases...By the way braking performance drops as you load up the truck...Duh...

·
Super Moderator
161,002 Posts
I agree Lou. We've got lots of guys on the forum running around with 35's on their trucks and never a report that I'm aware of that brake failure was an issue. I was just trying to give him an excuse to upgrade! :lol: Maybe I was just thinking about my wish list. :dunno: :D

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I am not concerned with a little extra wheel weight when the Titan should be able to tow almost 10K lbs...
That's right...
All trucks have brake capacity beyond an uloaded truck, and this includes some for slightly different tires...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts