Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I decided I was going to start getting creative on an installation project. So last night I went out to the truck and was looking for a cool place to mount a couple switches and gauges and thought right up by the sunglass holder would be awesome. I have the rear power window and decided to pry that little panel off and see what's going on behind it and see if I actually had the space. Needless to say, I broke two of the plastic tabs off the thing and now it barely stays up there.:flame: I tried searching courtesy parts but couldn't find what I was looking for. Anybody have any suggestions or an actual part number to it? I'll take a picture later today and post it for clarification. The other question i've got, is has anybody removed the windshield pillar trim, and if so how easy was it and how much space is behind it? Thanks in advance!
-Dave

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
As far as i know that center piece is not available separately from the console, may find one in the local junk yard.

A-Pillar: pop open the end cover on the pull handles, they are hedged and do not separate from the handles, remove the 2 bolts, remove the handles and pop A-Pillar off.

A-Pillar Pod: www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang...There's gotta be a way to order just that little piece. I'm glad the A-pillar is that easy to remove. I may do that this evening to scope out if I will be able to successfully run what i'm wanting to up through there. Next pain is going to be pulling the headliner down for the install...That's going to be a giant pain I feel. We'll see what I come up with.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Pull the over head console and the sun visors, the headliner will have enough droop to it to run your wiring to the console area.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, It's going to be one heck of a project, but If I can get it all ran the way i'm wanting it to, this is going to be one sweet install. At least in my opinion anyway. As I finally get time and start rolling i'll post pics for some insight.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you find that panel that hold the rear window switch...let me know. I hit it with my head going across the seat and broke 3 tabs and another two after trying to install it after superglue.

EVERY clip is superglued now and I even had to superglue the switch to it because those those clips broke too! Its up there now missing two clips (they flew off inside some place) and looks fine...but it might just decide to fall down one of these days...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, i'm going to get creative and i'm going to use 4 small screws in the corners to mount it. I'm still going to call and figure out the part number for that thing. If I ever trade the truck i'd like to have a clean panel to install. Once I mounted one of the gauges in the panel it straightened it out, so either way it will need the screws.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
helps being a aircraft mechanic

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am one, well, Still am but yet was one as well! I'm an Aviation Electrician, but doing a commissioning program right now, so a bit out of practice with pubs.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, well the link above goes to the region of the truck i'm looking for, but it still doesn't contain the part number to what I am actually in need of...Once I got the gauges installed and mounted the panel back up there, it cracked a little. So I need to order a new one...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts