Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on another board pointed out to me that their overhead console was cracked where it is screwed into its mounting point. They also said that when the dealer tried to repair the problem they found this issue on a number of other trucks on their lot. This prompted me to look at my truck and sure enough the console is cracked. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Davace97 said:
Same here. It's around the screw behind the first flip down.
exactly do you suppose they will replace this under warranty?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same HEre

That's really neat about this Group, we have so much in common. My first console is also cracked around the screws. I'm going to bring up at the next service visit.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
JoeyCrack said:
Someone on another board pointed out to me that their overhead console was cracked where it is screwed into its mounting point. They also said that when the dealer tried to repair the problem they found this issue on a number of other trucks on their lot. This prompted me to look at my truck and sure enough the console is cracked. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue?
Is this at the very front where the sunglass compartment is or further back?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the location of my cracked console is the first compartment however I am unsure if that is the location that this happens in normally or if it can happen at any mounting point

·
Registered
19 Posts
crack overhead console

Mine is also cracked. The console seems pretty sturdy without the support, but will get with the service department

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed mine after 2 weeks of driving my Titan. That's strange. We all have the same problem. Has anyone had this fixed through there warranty?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same Here, Cracked

looks like mine is also cracked, well got to take in anyways, for drivers window.
Ill let you know what there doing about it..
Later
Ron

·
Registered
473 Posts
They are currently on backorder, and are covered under warrentee. I was told that they beleive that the front screw is the wrong type. I then told them of this thread... They were not pleased.

Then again they are getting a little anoid of all the little sh*t that is comming up.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I can imagine. Its all the little things that could sway some people from owning a great truck. I look at them for what they are...little things in a first year production cycle. I took that into consideration when I bought the truck that it may happen. But for me obviously, there hasn't been anything with this truck I would call a show stopper or come even close.

Haven't checked mine for the cracks yet, but will. If it is, I will just let the dealer fix it.

Chris

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine is NOT cracked. Built 02/04.

Must have hired a new overhead-storage-screw-tightening guy down in Canton. :jester:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I called my dealer and asked them to order me a new console for when I come in so that it can be in stock and they told me they'd have to see it first to diagnose the problem. I didn't feel like asking what is involved in diagnosing a crack in the console :huh:

·
Super Moderator
35,618 Posts
fish_head said:
Mine is NOT cracked. Built 02/04.

Must have hired a new overhead-storage-screw-tightening guy down in Canton. :jester:
Mine NOT cracked either built 11/03 but with sunroof/DVD. :coolsmile

37L1

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine is cracked in one place on the sunglass holder. Over tightened screw. Not a big deal now, but will keep an eye on it.

Someone needs to show the ham fisted bubbas in Canton how to ease up on the screw gun. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Add to my list

Here's the list so far.

4LO light blinking (I'm not sure how to reproduce this one at the dealer)
Overhead console cracked
Radio fade
Bedliner bubbles

I plan to bring them up at the first oil change. All are what I would consider minor and things I expected to have to deal with.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts