Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 XE with the plastic overhead console, with the storage bins. When I turn my sound system up that piece up there rattles and vibrates to all hell and drives me nuts. Has anybody done anything to sound proof it or prevent it from rattling? Just looking for ideas.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I took my whole console down and put rubber o rings on the little pegs that they swing off of including the little map lights. I also put small washers underneath the rubber things that keep tension on the back side of the storage bins when they are closed. This did not totally eliminate the rattles but helped quite a bit.

Reactions: XAncilleryX

·
Registered
258 Posts
I know what you mean! I usually stuff some folded up paper in there. I too have an 08xe and it rattles when I thump it!

Reactions: XAncilleryX

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, Im gonna take it down and try to stuff some foam or something behind it, and try to put some rubber foam surrounds on the compartments. Shouldn't be too hard, just take all the screws out right?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I get tons of rattles too... My solution? Turn it up louder :D

Seriously though... I'm just to lazy to pull it all apart and fix it lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yea I believe only 5 screws then yank real hard :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
It may be the old in me talking, but you can always keep it the volume down so it wont rattle at all.

But as I said, it may be the age talking here.

Just my 1 cent (my ex took the other cent in the divorce)

Reactions: VK56DEHAN
1 - 7 of 7 Posts