Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been about a year that my 04 titan has been randomly overheating. I've changed out the temp sensor and the thermostat. I am completely loss. I've verified that the electrical fan in the front turns on and the engine driven fan is on as well. I've notice that there are people saying they swapped out the fan clutch and everything works great. If the fan clutch is bad does the fan still move or is it just still? How can you tell if the clutch is bad?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yes the fan will move if the clutch is bad but it wont be going as strong as it would if the clutch is good. I think you can get the motor hot then shut it off then try and spin the fan, see if There is any resistance. If there is most likely the clutch is ok. I believe That is a way to check it.

·
Premium Member
58,751 Posts
Does it only overheat at an idle? If it overheats when you are moving, the fan clutch is not the cause of your problem.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I think your down to two options here, the fan clutch or the water pump. I don't know how many miles are on your truck but you might just want to change both and be done with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would spike but not overheat.... I would be able to cool it down enough before it goes into limp mode

1 - 9 of 9 Posts