Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 Titan sitting in driveway running and overheating! Give me an and all ideas!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
plastic radiator tank cracked and drained coolant
bad thermostat
coolant was changed and resulted in air lock
radiator cap bad or not properly installed
overflow reservoir cap bad or not properly installed
mechanical fan clutch bad

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sup Pat. What you been up to?? Who's 07??
Like they said ^^ check the radiator, clutch fan, reservoir, cap, water pump, etc

·
Registered
142 Posts
plastic radiator tank cracked and drained coolant
bad thermostat
coolant was changed and resulted in air lock
radiator cap bad or not properly installed
overflow reservoir cap bad or not properly installed
mechanical fan clutch bad
I thought this might be a good place to post the attachment from the Stant Mfg. website since many members say they cannot find a radiator cap for the T. Mine just did the spewing fluid issue at 31,000 miles so I bought a new one from the dealer and it cost $21. Most I ever paid for a rad cap. The dealer is one hour from home and because I had my wifes car he would not warranty the cap so I bought it and my $50 Visa rebate from Nissan had already expired. Anyway Stant shows the radiator cap to be 42psi?? The recovery tank cap is supposedly 16 psi so that one should open long before the radiator cap does (unless the rad cap is bad). Anyway the part numbers are enclosed so i suppose you could order them as well as fuel caps, oil filler caps, etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Radiator cap is around $15 from courtesyparts.com probably plus shipping, so $21 sounds ok. The 2004 service manual has a section on pressure testing and specs the recovery tank cap = 14-18 psi. I could not find any spec on the radiator cap, so I think you are correct, the recovery tank cap provides the primary pressure relief.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts