Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your opinions? thoughts? comments? Tire rack.com gives great reviews of these tires. I would like to know what actual owners think. How do they handle in rain?

dave

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I had them on my 05 T. Nice quiet tire and good in the rain, however VERY disappointed with the wear. They wore out quickly even with proper rotation and tire pressure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ran a set of them up in alaska on a F-150 I had. I had no issues with them, they did well in the snow, rain, ice. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of mileage are you talking about? What psi did you run them at? I am seriously thinking of getting a set.

I had them on my 05 T. Nice quiet tire and good in the rain, however VERY disappointed with the wear. They wore out quickly even with proper rotation and tire pressure.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Rotated every 5k miles, 35psi. Terminated w/22k miles, uneven wear and my alignment was dead on. If I could overlook that, its not a bad tire. I personally would consider Michelin LTX/At's or MS 2's.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had thought about the Michelins. Do you run those now? It seems like they are the priciest and longest lasting tire out there (my impression from Titan Talk members). I've had Bridgestone tires on my other vehicles and thought very highly of them. I know everyone on here is in love with the Nitto or Toyo tires, but I'm concerned about wet traction. I mostly do highway/city driving with a little traveling on rock/unpaved roads.

I'm really leaning towards the Bridgestone Revo 2's but want to hear opinions from people using them. Thanks bender2 and Whitedevil10. I hope more people chime in.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Yes, I am currently running the LTX's on a DMax and the MS'2 on my wifes pathfinder. I am a repeat purchaser of Michelins for years with great sucess. I only switched over to the Revo's to see what the fuss/high ratings were all about(I also read Tire Racks ratings). The price at the time was appealing so I figured give it a try. Please don't misunderstand me,the Revo does offer good rain/snow traction,low noise and a good ride,but like I stated the tread life/uneven wear was a huge disappointment.Good Luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any more opinions out there?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm on my second set of Revo 2's just bought them in January. I love the feel of the tire. they do great in snow and rain. They have an semi aggressive look 285 70 17 but no roaring, even as the tread wears. The do wear on our T's though. I've also had a set of the original revo's on it and a set on an expedition (my 4th set total). I got 35k on my last set so this time I've put new shocks on too, trying to squeeze a few more miles out of them.

all that said I think they're great tires. It was either those or M/T's for me but I didn't want to lose any more mileage.

Reactions: jetchaser

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have the Revo 2's on my wife's Pathfinder, and they seem to be doing really well to me. The rain traction is far better than the tires that came stock (I think BFG Long Trails). Not much snow down here, but the couple of times I have driven in a light dusting of snow they did fine with now slipping that I couldn't handle (about 2 inches of snow that time). We have about 20K miles on them now, and I would say they look like they will last about another 20K. 40K may not be that bad though, I think they had a 50K warranty, so I may get a discount on the next set of tires!

I would say 90% of the miles are hwy miles that we have put on these tires. We did drive them to Colorado once and hit a lot of trails. It was dry as a bone, and I didn't go down any 4x4 Jeep only trails, and they did fine. Very good traction on those types of roads.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm also in the market for new tires. I'm considering the Michelin LTX M/S 2's. seem kinda pricey, but apparently they're worth the $$$. I'm just about to run bald on the stock POS Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's (which I consider myself lucky that I got almost 60k on them. i'm at 58,xxx now).

I did get an "offer" to get 4 new SR-A's from goodyear for $155 a piece (probalby to get them out of their store). I kindly refused it.

I know bridgestone (firestone) wear out like crazy and wanted to know if anyone has tried the BFGoodrich Long Trail T/A Tour? theres a rebate offer going on with those.

also input on the Yoko' Geolandars por favor?

muchas gracias - muy caliente!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got 38k on the T right now. I could drag the original Goodyear SR-A's out for another couple of thousand, but they suck in wet weather, and actually all weather. I just put shocks/struts on and had it aligned, so I feel now is the time for new tires.

·
Registered
180 Posts
thanks for the reminder - I"m due for an alignment as well. looks like tires first. my shocks seem to be "ok". No issues there.

let me know if you get the Revo's.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What psi is everyone running at? I hear 35, 40, and 44 psi from different people. I would run at the best psi for even tread wear.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Something to ponder... did you ever consider Hancook's? They offer a close tread pattern/tread life to Michelin's with a more desirable price tag. Also,FWIW-Michelin owns 17% stock in their company.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Sorry. Typo... "HANKOOK's"

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Not sure if you bought anything yet or not. I had the original Revo's on my Frontier. Without a doubt the best AT tire I've owned. They are absolutely fantastic in heavy rain. Zero hydroplaning. Were great on 4-6 rated trails in Colorado(higher than that and you need a front locker) and in the snow. As with all, wear was not the greatest. I got 35K out of mine and while they weren't bald, it was coming up on winter again and it was worth changing.

My Titan came with new Grabber At2's, and while they are lasting pretty long, they are the same as BFG AT's. A little squirrely in light rain and snow.

Reactions: jetchaser

·
Registered
180 Posts
MIchellin owns 17% of Hankook?

really..........?

·
Registered
180 Posts
interesting... I may just end up forking over the dough to get the LTX M/S-2's. after I do my taxes, of course! LOL

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If you do, I am certain you will be pleased. Once overcoming the price,its pure pleasure. LOL.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts