Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a P.A. system installed on there truck or a loudspeaker? I was just wondering if there were any write ups on it anywhere.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm in the process of installing one on mine, I have not come across a write up. But you can look up on google how to install CB radio or pa system on a car and the concept and set up is pretty much the same for every car. Your power source (whether you go through the fuse block, buy a fuse tap, run it to the battery, or pop the cigarette lighters out and tap into that wire) Then just find an area to mount the powerhorn or PA speaker and run the wire.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
got a cb and antenna just cant find anyyywheree to mount the speaker. theres zero room under the hood.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My PA speaker is in the bed... I just ran a wire from the radio under the seats out the back under the door and up through the cab and bed... it hidden under my toolbox. :teethmast

Makes for maximum volume! It bounces off the walls of the bed and projects UP! :lol:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I had a PA in my 08. Had the speaker (quite large) mounted behind the front bumper in front of the driver side wheel. It was up out of the way, angled down in case any water splashed up, and I never had any problems with it through some really heavy storms and 70+ on the highway during them. I took the bumper cover off and mounted it with 2 bolts through the metal part of the bumper and then ran the wire up into the engine bay and through the firewall. I need to get one put in the new truck, I miss being able to yell at all the idiotic drivers out here.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Im mounting mine in the inner fenders above the plastic liner, when you pull that plastic fender liner out there's a lot of room up there.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
kris you know there's a hole in the rear wall of the kc on the drivers side with a rubber grommet you can run that wire thru so you dont have a guido lookin wire comin out of your door hah, i ran my cb antenna wire thru it. if you feel around on the back of the cab on the outside you can feel the plug, just push it out, make a hole in it then pul back the carpet inside and locate the hole.

and i like the inner fender idea and behind the bumper i'll have to check that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tons of good ideas here, thanks guys.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What kind of PA systems are yall using? What have you found that works the best for the best price?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just got a Cobra CB radio, went to radioshack and bought the audio wire and the powerhorn (PA Speaker). About $70-80 set up for me, including the all the wiring to hook up the CB and Antenna as well

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
mine use to be mounted inside the rectangle were the front license plate goes. except i was to lazy to wire it with a fuse to ended up burning it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts