Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I got in my truck this morning and noticed that my SES light was on. I ran it by Autozone and it was showing 3 codes. Two P0420’s and a P0456 code. Does anybody have any insight to these two codes being thrown together? My truck has 402k miles on it and it still has the original manifolds. Never had a problem with them. The conundrum I’m in is not wanting to drop close to a grand on headers etc on an engine with 402k on it, if that’s the issue. Any ideas?
P

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also add that I have Cajun B pipes installed as well. So I’m assuming my only two cats left are on my manifolds.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lmao thanks man.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I work part time at Autozone as the commercial driver... I would have been impressed too at 400K when i did your check engine codes....lol

but it is Texas, and it doesnt take long to rack up the miles.

yes, the only ones left should be on the manifolds

·
Premium Member
17,238 Posts
"My truck has 402k miles on it and it still has the original manifolds."

That's 4 or 5 times what most people get. I'd be worried about the cats disintegrating and cat grit getting back sucked into the engine.

"Any ideas? "

The choices are always the same: fix it, sell it or trade it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Wouldn’t this just be getting two or one new cats put on? No need to take the manifolds off? Is this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,238 Posts
Wouldn’t this just be getting two or one new cats put on? No need to take the manifolds off? Is this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OEM cats are integrated with the oem manifolds. Some people have hollowed them out and passed emissions with cats in the b pipes. Not that I'm recommending that unethical, perhaps illegal albeit somewhat economically appealing course of action.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OEM cats are integrated with the oem manifolds. Some people have hollowed them out and passed emissions with cats in the b pipes. Not that I'm recommending that unethical, perhaps illegal albeit somewhat economically appealing course of action.
Well we don’t have emissions tests where I live. How do you hollow them out exactly?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
17,238 Posts
Front cats gutted in situ:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Evap leak states "very small leak" had almost identical wording for mine, and I replaced my Nissan factory has cap with another Nissan OEM part, then no more issues.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Evap leak states "very small leak" had almost identical wording for mine, and I replaced my Nissan factory has cap with another Nissan OEM part, then no more issues.
also check your EVAP purge valve. might be shot or not working 100%. cheap part, 5 minutes to swap out. attached to your charcoal canister above / in front of the left portion of the rear axle

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, my SES light hasn’t turned on since Monday. Strange.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts