Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I had bought my 2005 Titan SE two weeks ago, and am loving it! Sadly the P0430 code popped up the other day. The engine was babied and has many new OE parts, and there is zero performance issues. I was looking under the truck and notice the where drivers cat joined the pipe(connection is right before the down stream o2 sensor) with the sub cat had a gap. Would this gap be enough to cause ab exhaust leak and throw the P0430 code? Thank you for any insight!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
It is not out of the realm of posibiility. I would definately take a look at trying to close that gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool. When I was under the truck there was the sound of what seemed to be a slight exhaust leak. I had an 01 Xterra that through that same code and it ended up being an exhaust leak by the cat. Hooray for Nissan exhaust systems! Lol.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Ok cool. When I was under the truck there was the sound of what seemed to be a slight exhaust leak. I had an 01 Xterra that through that same code and it ended up being an exhaust leak by the cat. Hooray for Nissan exhaust systems! Lol.
If the leak is between the manifold and bpipe yes you can get that code and looks like that flange has been messed with in the past. The manifolds on these trucks crack also and is the #1 issue in throwing that code also. A lot of guys who purchase these trucks will have that code pop up shorlty after purchase because the previous owner dumps the truck after pricing the fix. Not saying thats what happened here but if you do not know the previous owner its highly possible, I hear that all the time from customers. If it is a manifold call me for the best fix on the market and do your research on issue before you spend a dime. Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. I had my mechanic buddy check it out and he said that gap wasn't leaking oddly, but it sounded like there was a slight leak on the passenger side after the cat. The next day, the SEL went off on it's own. When i got the truck, it passed emmessions fine and i had cleaned the K&N filter, but when the SEL came on I realized I over oiled the filter so i re did it and cleaned the MAF. So Im guessing in light of the SEL turning off, the motor wasn't getting enough air due to the over oiled filter, and the drive cycle was longer than on my xterra. Ill keep ya posted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello! I had bought my 2005 Titan SE two weeks ago, and am loving it! Sadly the P0430 code popped up the other day. The engine was babied and has many new OE parts, and there is zero performance issues. I was looking under the truck and notice the where drivers cat joined the pipe(connection is right before the down stream o2 sensor) with the sub cat had a gap. Would this gap be enough to cause ab exhaust leak and throw the P0430 code? Thank you for any insight!
Everyone that does headers kno they leak. That exhaust noise may not b the muffler either. Chk this out.

youtube.com/watch?v=zBdFKlVRh48&t=98s

Will b coming soon. Also chk this.

ebay.com/itm/No-Leak-Engine-Exhaust-Header-Collector-C-Flange-Bracket-kit-free-info-packet-/222431757123?hash=item33c9f74343:g:x-UAAOSwdGFYvRiV&vxp=mtr

for free evaluation working model of C Flange Bracket

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Everyone that does headers kno they leak. That exhaust noise may not b the muffler either. Chk this out.

ebay.com/itm/No-Leak-Engine-Exhaust-Header-Collector-C-Flange-Bracket-kit-free-info-packet-/222431757123?hash=item33c9f74343:g:x-UAAOSwdGFYvRiV&vxp=mtr

Spam?

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
Isn't P0430 for the passenger side?

I had that same error for quite a while on my Titan. It had been fine until I added the JBA LT headers (which eliminated the front catalytic converters). The aftermarket b-pipe probably wasn't strong enough to keep up. I thought about just getting a replacement but I need to pass visual inspection too. So I found a guy that took the b-pipes I had and put two catalytic converters in place of the one. The code hasn't come back!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Isn't P0430 for the passenger side?

I had that same error for quite a while on my Titan. It had been fine until I added the JBA LT headers (which eliminated the front catalytic converters). The aftermarket b-pipe probably wasn't strong enough to keep up. I thought about just getting a replacement but I need to pass visual inspection too. So I found a guy that took the b-pipes I had and put two catalytic converters in place of the one. The code hasn't come back!
Visual inspection? CA? I thought you were in Denver? They don't do visual inspections in Denver I thought... haven't registered my truck yet is why I am asking.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
As far as I know they do it. I recall them using a mirror on a stick to look under each car before pulling it into the testing bay.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well alright then. I am thinking for going with cajun cracked manifold fix.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeap. C Flange Bracket 2 hole will help. I'm in beginning stages of bringing 2 market. 3 hole planned 4 this yr. Stay in touch if interested in being tester. Free bracket provided 4 exchange of honest review. YouTube has contact info

·
Registered
15 Posts

Spam?
American designed. Just not made yet for public use yet. Check out the videos. Google it. Really works on my truck. Giving Ford exhaust issues and those who experienced exhaust leaks a new type of connector that minimizes the risks of CO2 exposure is a considerable solution. Feel free to comment. Not a spam. Just me and my 2 fingers typing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive been sharing my fix for warping flanges. After many hours in my basement to solve my failing state inspections I create a fix. C Flange Bracket. No cutting. No welding. Fits behind or replaces existing flange. Im looking for support or opinions. Plz comment on one of the links in the video.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
No spam. Conceived in my USA basement.
Feedback not characterizations are welcomed.
While the part itself seems to correct the issue, I see it as a band-aid to a improperly clamped and supported exhaust system, which should not have leaking issues if it was installed correctly in the first place.

I'm on the third exhaust on my Titan, and have never had a flange leak.

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
I'm on the third exhaust on my Titan, and have never had a flange leak.
I don't know if it was the JBA headers or the Berk b-pipes that had a bad flange. All I know it leaked badly without multiple gaskets and a ton of torque on the bolts. I don't know if the gasket being proposed would have helped or not, but I probably would have tried it.

Reactions: Titan332009

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I don't know if it was the JBA headers or the Berk b-pipes that had a bad flange. All I know it leaked badly without multiple gaskets and a ton of torque on the bolts. I don't know if the gasket being proposed would have helped or not, but I probably would have tried it.
Dont get me wrong, I did have to wrestle with it on the second exhaust install, which was complete from headers all the way back. I wasn't sure who to curse out either, JBA, Cajun, Dynomax....but with a helper, and lots of vise-grips / clamps, i was able to get it close enough before tightening that there were no leaks with normal torque and gaskets

1 - 20 of 31 Posts